Home

Sim Game Can Be Played

This is a discussion on Sim Game Can Be Played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Sim Game Can Be Played

It can happen, folks.

I just thought I'd start another private online CCM franchise.

49er's vs Packers.

Packers had ball in a shotgun passing formation. 3 man rush vs 5. TJ Lang, Packers guard, is on an island, no one to pick up. Starts gliding to double-team Justin Smith(I'm not joking, saw it with my own eyes, hey, at least Lang had the AI awareness to look for a double team) and while gliding over to help LT Newhouse, hits Newhouse and bounces off of Newhouse and glides over to help Saturday on a double-team. Stays engaged with Saturday on a double team for a second or two, (here comes Lang's awareness again), his head swivels a bit, then quite a bit and starts heading to the QB and picks up a block that the Packers LG, Sitton, got beat on and blocks the DL before they get to Double Check Rodgers.

The Packers were driving for their second score with the ball on the Niners 11 yd line. Jordy Nelson does a square in pattern, Rodgers throws the ball where Nelson was, and I noticed Nelson was bumped. Throw the friggen flag!!! All of a sudden, there is a cut scene with the ref call, what, Def PI on the CPU AI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Jumping Spitballs, the whole house shook. After looking at the replay, the safety definitely impeded Nelson to the call and the call was made. Good stuff.

Halftime AI- The Niners were down by 14 pts, and had the ball with over 3 minutes left in the half. The Niners didn't call one run play, all short to medium passes and scored. Packers got the ball back with 18 seconds.

Late Game AI- Niners down by 10 pts and they continued to pass the ball until it was 4th and goal on the 8 yd line. Now, less than a minute left on the clock and they came out in FG formation. I didn't have a problem with that, take the easy 3 and try on onside kick. That's the best percentage play. Unfortunately, Ackers missed a chip shot and game over.

Eh, no late game rubber band AI cheating conspiracy theories, either.

CPU Running Game- Gore, 20 rushes, 153 yds and a TD. Wow, Cpu with a running game. 80 of that was on a TD run.

Smith- 67% passing %. Really?

Packers- 3 sacks Niners- 4 sacks

Both the Niners and Packers had less than 300 yds passing and under 400 yds of offense.

This was on all-pro with slightly adjusted sliders.

Also, since I've been in private online CCM's, not one disconnect, either, knock on wood.

As for the double-team pass blocking, no, I'm not sophisticated enough to have camera running or picture taking qualities. I'm also aware people will doubt me, but I'm being honest in the way I'm reporting what I saw in replay. I'll also admit that I probably won't be seeing it on a consistent basis.

My point was, to me, it was a sim like game and those can be fun, too and they can be played.

Don't rain too hard on the parade. lol.

This is with the understanding that I know offline still is buggy.

I'll see if this continues in the online CCM.

Last edited by roadman; 09-21-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Sim Game Can Be Played

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It can happen, folks.

I just thought I'd start another private online CCM franchise.

49er's vs Packers.

Packers had ball in a shotgun passing formation. 3 man rush vs 5. TJ Lang, Packers guard, is on an island, no one to pick up. Starts gliding to double-team Justin Smith(I'm not joking, saw it with my own eyes, hey, at least Lang had the AI awareness to look for a double team) and while gliding over to help LT Newhouse, hits Newhouse and bounces off of Newhouse and glides over to help Saturday on a double-team. Stays engaged with Saturday on a double team for a second or two, (here comes Lang's awareness again), his head swivels a bit, then quite a bit and starts heading to the QB and picks up a block that the Packers LG, Sitton, got beat on and blocks the DL before they get to Double Check Rodgers.

The Packers were driving for their second score with the ball on the Niners 11 yd line. Jordy Nelson does a square in pattern, Rodgers throws the ball where Nelson was, and I noticed Nelson was bumped. Throw the friggen flag!!! All of a sudden, there is a cut scene with the ref call, what, Def PI on the CPU AI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Jumping Spitballs, the whole house shook. After looking at the replay, the safety definitely impeded Nelson to the call and the call was made. Good stuff.

Halftime AI- The Niners were down by 14 pts, and had the ball with over 3 minutes left in the half. The Niners didn't call one run play, all short to medium passes and scored. Packers got the ball back with 18 seconds.

Late Game AI- Niners down by 10 pts and they continued to pass the ball until it was 4th and goal on the 8 yd line. Now, less than a minute left on the clock and they came out in FG formation. I didn't have a problem with that, take the easy 3 and try on onside kick. That's the best percentage play. Unfortunately, Ackers missed a chip shot and game over.

Eh, no late game rubber band AI cheating conspiracy theories, either.

CPU Running Game- Gore, 20 rushes, 153 yds and a TD. Wow, Cpu with a running game. 80 of that was on a TD run.

Smith- 67% passing %. Really?

Packers- 3 sacks Niners- 4 sacks

Both the Niners and Packers had less than 300 yds passing and under 400 yds of offense.

This was on all-pro with slightly adjusted sliders.

Also, since I've been in private online CCM's, not one disconnect, either, knock on wood.

As for the double-team pass blocking, no, I'm not sophisticated enough to have camera running or picture taking qualities. I'm also aware people will doubt me, but I'm being honest in the way I'm reporting what I saw in replay. I'll also admit that I probably won't be seeing it on a consistent basis.

My point was, to me, it was a sim like game and those can be fun, too and they can be played.

Don't rain too hard on the parade. lol.

This is with the understanding that I know offline still is buggy.

I'll see if this continues in the online CCM.

But you didn't sim or supersim it, correct? I'm a little confused. You played the game yourself did you control any of the players?

I myself, finally just started a new career also, decided to stay offline and whaddya know... the schemes save even when exiting the ccm mode and going back
Old 09-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
But you didn't sim or supersim it, correct? I'm a little confused. You played the game yourself did you control any of the players?

I myself, finally just started a new career also, decided to stay offline and whaddya know... the schemes save even when exiting the ccm mode and going back
Sim takes on different meanings to people.

I did control a player, but what I meant by sim, the game played to a similar game on Sunday.

Defensive PI was called against the CPU, that rarely happens in previous Maddens. I did see, with my eyes, a quick double team pass block. That rarely happens at all in previous Maddens.

The CPU had a running game, which has been reported as a bug in this years Madden. It's true on all-madden mode.

Etc.....

Smith threw for 67%, which is sim in real life on a given Sunday.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Where are all my OS sim friends with this?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Where are all my OS sim friends with this?
Playing Madden 12.

lol....I'm just kidding ya man.

looks like pretty good results!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Playing Madden 12.

lol....I'm just kidding ya man.

looks like pretty good results!
That was good, I deserved that one. Wheels, that made me chuckle a lot.

I almost passed out with the DPI call on the CPU. I was happier than a pig in mud when I saw the call.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

What were the slider setting at ?
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
What were the slider setting at ?
I'm using Bzito's sliders.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-sliders.html

He doesn't waiver much past 50 on most of them.

Also, 53 for every penalty slider.

I'm using Charters subs sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »