Home

CCM: Player asking to negotiate contract so he can make $20 million less...

This is a discussion on CCM: Player asking to negotiate contract so he can make $20 million less... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: CCM: Player asking to negotiate contract so he can make $20 million less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
In the real world restructures happen, however there are 2 common types:
1.) The underperforming guy with a massive first round pick contract. He is basically asked to take a salary reduction or get cut. I think Gholston of the Jets and Aaron Curry accepted these reductions in real life. Calais Campbell doesn't fit that description though.
2.) The star player making mega bucks asked to restructure and take a lower amount this year to help the team stay under the cap. What most don't seem to realise is that these players don't actually end up with less money, but with either more or more guaranteed money. The help is that they agree to get the money later than the original contract (basically backloading the contract) and in return they get more or more money is guaranteed. An example of this is Richard Seymour at the raiders.

Campbell could fit this scenario, however the situation described by the op simply does not match this since Campbell is taking less money then agreed. So yeah, imo this is some form of bug or fault in programming where the player isn't supposed to take less money but does.
Agreed, this seems to be a bug where there is a lag somewhere between real players signing their contracts so the $$ got in the game, but not the fact that they already re-signed.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
Rookie

BombshellRocks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Oh, what kind of coach are you?
Didn't create a coach, so that should have nothing to do with it as I'm continuing Whizenhunt's career.

In the scheme of things, this is not game ruining in the least bit just wasn't sure if this was common and if it would cause player happiness issues if I didn't restructure to keep things more realistic.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

meh i just do what the steelers do and dont negotiate during the season =)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Matt Forte asked for a new contract, but the thing is he signed a new contract like this year. Now he wants another one according to the game? How is that logical? A contract is a contract.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #13
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

How much of a bonus was he getting before you resigned him?
So when you resign him, did he get the bonus form the old contract, + the bonus you offered when you resigned him?
Looks to me like this player just made a bunch of guaranteed money, or he just gained a little "job security".
You're handcuffed to this player now because if you trade him, the Cap hit you'll take will be huge.
"Jonas Val-Su-Eno-Wow-Sauce."
aka: Jonas Valanciunas
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Chicago Bulls
MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps
Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombshellRocks
Did a search and couldn't find anything on this but has anyone experienced this in their CCM?

Just finished week 2 as the Cardinals and Calais Campbell has asked to negotiate his contract. He still has 5 years left making around $55 million so it's strange he would be doing so. What's even more strange is I decided to see if he would accept the default proposal of 5 years at $30 million (yearly + signing bonus) and he accepted. That's really sweet of the guy to put the team first but slightly immersion breaking.

Anyone have any similar experience with this happening in their CCM? If I ignore this will it cause any negative impact?
Roll with it. It happens... Not frequently, but it does. It doesn't mess with the immersion factor in the least. When things like that happen, I create a story in my head about it and how the player is putting the team first.

It doesn't happen often. Take advantage when it does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »