Home

How do you Scramble?

This is a discussion on How do you Scramble? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do you Scramble?

It seems to me that my RT and LT doesn't even try to block, instead he lets go.

While on defence, the cheating AI can somehow protect the QB from outside rushes...

this sht scks. Vick's scrambling ability is what makes him threat. Now hes just a pocket passer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: How do you Scramble?

Try some bootlegs to get a head start getting outside, or scramble up the middle when a lane opens
Old 09-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Try some bootlegs to get a head start getting outside, or scramble up the middle when a lane opens

I tried but my lineman keep letting go..
thats cheating by the AI.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Mix 2 egg yolks together in a bowl, put the mixture on a skillet which has been moistened with water and butter. Whisk pan thoroughly and use a spatula to flip mixture as it solidifies.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Mix 2 egg yolks together in a bowl, put the mixture on a skillet which has been moistened with water and butter. Whisk pan thoroughly and use a spatula to flip mixture as it solidifies.
I used to use Pam, but now I use extra virgin olive oil as I heard it's a lot more beneficial and makes your skin beautiful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #6
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

If you want to scramble to the sidelines but still pass, wait for the Tackles to drop back a bit with their blocks (usually just step up and it'll happen) and then there will be a gap between the G and T. Take it so you don't have to worry about cutting around the corner with the DE. Now you'll either have a LB there biting leaving your TE/HB wide open or on deep passes you should easily get a 10-15 yard run.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

The biggest problem is that we can't tuck the ball. Ever play against CPU Vick or other scrambling QB (well, any QB that takes off)? They tuck it (do some weird lean forward animation) and take off full speed.

User's are left having to walk out of the pocket because as soon as you hit sprint there's a high probability that the OL will release their blocks. And since we can't actually tuck it (didn't older maddens have a button that would tuck the ball then you could bring the passing icons up later?), our QBs can't go full speed until past the line.

What I would really like to see is R2/RT is a "throw on run" control while hitting X/A, L1/LB, or some other button that lets the QB tuck it to evade the rush. Then you can either bring up your passing options once you escape, or you can continue running.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

maybe this thread should be called...how do you cheese? lol jk jk couldnt resist

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »