Home

Stopping the pass...

This is a discussion on Stopping the pass... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2003, 08:31 AM   #1
Jag
Rookie

OVR: 2
Stopping the pass...

How do I do it in this game. It appears the CPU or another user can do this at will. Nothing I call seems to work(zone or man). I've tried the playmaker after snap and that has helped a little. I'm looking for some points. The difficulty is Pro.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: Stopping the pass...

well, like in real football, to stop the pass, you have to get pressure on the QB. the longer the QB gets to find an open reciever, the more likely he'll be able to complete the pass. i give up an average of around 200 yards passing per game (after like 100 games played).
Old 10-27-2003, 08:41 AM   #3
Jag
Rookie

ok, so what do you do to get pressure on the QB?
Old 10-27-2003, 08:42 AM   #4
All Star

learn the swim and spin moves with your DL. know when to blitz. PRACTICE.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:26 AM   #5
Jag
Rookie

Being a coach, I'm really not sure when there is a good time to blitz. Blitzing is a gamble to try to make something happen. Don't sell me short because I do blitz when I think it is the right time. Problem is, very seldom does anyone come close to the QB. Doing a swim move in the game is nothing like doing one on the field. So do you do a swim move right at the snap? I do the spin move, but by the time I finish, the ball is in the air. Practice is what I'm doing and I will continue to do so, but I was hoping for some real pointers here other than practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2003, 10:39 AM   #6
All Star

As crazy as this may sound, Madden is a game, and although I'm sure you know much more about the nuances of football better than I do the only way to get better at a video game is to practice. There's no magical formula of button combinations that will put pressure on the QB. No sure-fire way of intercepting or deflecting a pass. The CPU always has an advantage over the human players because it has the ability to "see" the whole field while we (or I) tend to focus on one specific area of the field during a play. On defense, I tend to focus on the Dline because I tend to control them in hopes to get at the QB. On offense, I pick 1 or 2 WR to focus on during a passing play in hopes that one of them will be open. If I have a 4 WR set, by the time I get a chance to see how the 3rd or 4th WR are, I'll most likely be sacked by then.

The way you have written your posts, it seems like you're frustrated with a game because what you know about REAL football doesn't equate with your ability to play the video game. Unfortunately PRACTICING (going into practice mode) might NOT be an advice you want to hear, but it still is the best advice to give.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:41 AM   #7
Jag
Rookie

ok, fair enough, I will continue practicing.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:09 PM   #8
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Stopping the pass... hmm...

Play a couple of zones when you know they're passing (cover 2's work best). Man-2-man works too. Also try blitzing.

If all else fails, there's something called tweaking their AI a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »