Home

My player's rating goes down after winning the superbowl?

This is a discussion on My player's rating goes down after winning the superbowl? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 03:25 AM   #9
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: My player's rating goes down after winning the superbowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimate
LOL. I upgraded a rookie LOLB's zone coverage from around a 55 to a 70 and then had the CPU take it all away. That set his development back about 8 games when you take into account all of the other attributes you could've been buying to help.
wow thats not good either. See i didnt spend points on the dev trait because i didnt think it was necessary when you could just put all that xp into other much less expensive traits. But my biggest issue is about me losing the xp i earned and it all be taken away from me basically. i can understand if you have a certain cap based off of your dev trait but atleast warn me about it so i wont waste all my xp. Seriously there was no warning. I was spending xp and not seeing my attribute increase.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
wow thats not good either. See i didnt spend points on the dev trait because i didnt think it was necessary when you could just put all that xp into other much less expensive traits. But my biggest issue is about me losing the xp i earned and it all be taken away from me basically. i can understand if you have a certain cap based off of your dev trait but atleast warn me about it so i wont waste all my xp. Seriously there was no warning. I was spending xp and not seeing my attribute increase.
I don't think I've had that happen. My attributes have always gone up 1 point with each purchase aside from that rookie LOLB. He was around a 78ovr but his coverage was terrible so I spent some time working on that and then it just disappeared. None of the other attributes were affected. Maybe it was some sort of glitch.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
I don't think I've had that happen. My attributes have always gone up 1 point with each purchase aside from that rookie LOLB. He was around a 78ovr but his coverage was terrible so I spent some time working on that and then it just disappeared. None of the other attributes were affected. Maybe it was some sort of glitch.
and to ad insult to injury my team drafted a qb in the third round. may be due to my qb's rating going down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #12
Rookie

Are you playing CCM player or coach?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #13
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Are you playing CCM player or coach?
im playing as a player not as a coach
Old 09-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #14
Banned

I have not seen this yet but it will suck if it is true. I have had where I was a 3rd string WR. Lead league in receptions and KO returns. Went to Probowl and then to SB, Win SB and be MVP of SB. Only to have my team draft three more WRs and I fall to 5th on the Depth Chart.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

Are you guys playing online or offline?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
ok i am seriously fed up right now with player progression. My second year qb meets all his season goals goes to the pro bowl wins superbowl and superbowl mvp and yet after the season his rating goes down from an 86 to an 84. That seriously has taking a lot out of me seeing as to everything I have done meant nothing. I am only one point better than my friends and they didn't even win any awards nor did they take theire terms to the playoffs.
Well, people have good seasons all the time and they don't get better. Based on your logic Peyton Hillis should have had a great year last year because of what he did the previous year and this year he should be competing for the rushing title. But as we all know, some people can put up big numbers and they never get better as they are already at their ceiling. Sorry that a semi-realistic progression system doesn't satisfy you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »