Home

What do you think patch 3 will include?

This is a discussion on What do you think patch 3 will include? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What do you think patch 3 will include?

In addition to contract restructuring I would also like rookie contract negotiations brought back. Again, why did these things not carry over from M12? It literally causes me to have to shuffle my roster around every year and lose good players or have to give away high draft picks to get them back. It's like EA is penalizing players who scout well and find late round gems that want max deals after 2-4 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 6

with my luck it will be more twitter feeds and a complete online mode. I am expecting nothing of substance, that way if I get just one little thing I just might start playing again. Stopped my offine cc a week ago due to frustration with bugs that ruin experience. No sense continuing. Playing old games off the shelf instead.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimate
In addition to contract restructuring I would also like rookie contract negotiations brought back. Again, why did these things not carry over from M12? It literally causes me to have to shuffle my roster around every year and lose good players or have to give away high draft picks to get them back. It's like EA is penalizing players who scout well and find late round gems that want max deals after 2-4 years.
The NFL uses slotted rookie salary now, so there is very little room for negotiation. They actually got this right.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #84
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope if there is a patch it will make CCM play like play now.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 49

My patch would be(and i think this is being realistic)

Graphics:

patch the cameras to work in all modes
Patch zoom cam angle-give it height and tilt, not so low
patch the neon light grass look to be a darker green on pretty much every outdoor stadium, some indoor
fix soft looking Xbox 360 picture.
Fix lighting issues where shadows are to dark. Bring back madden 12 lighting. fix contrast sun issues

Gameplay:
tune infinity engine, still to much ugly tackles
tighten up defensive coverage (man and zone) and remove coverage bugs
patch in working penalties
CCM difficulty equal to play it now
CCM sliders actually work
patch in player editing
patch auto subs
Make fullbacks have more pushing power with infinity engine for short yardage plays
make assisted tackle stats work
better cpu play calling
better cpu 2 minute drills & time management

audio:
Separate player chatter and pads hitting/tackling audio slider
Separate crowd cheer & crowd chants/fight song slider
Separate music & PA slider and allow in game stadium music to be turned louder then current max
Remove the occasional louder arcade blitz like sounding thump hits that stand out

You get all this done, and Madden 13 will go from a 6.5 to possibly a 8.5 or 9.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
The NFL uses slotted rookie salary now, so there is very little room for negotiation. They actually got this right.
Exactly. I've seen this complaint often, but this is what the real NFL is like now. Pretty much every rookie gets a 4 year deal for a set amount of money.

I'm glad, because I could never resist locking up my rookies for 7 year deals that would never happen in real life.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #87
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

My top improvement requests (in order of most feasible to least):

1. CPU AI in CCM: Make CCM All Pro difficulty consistent with "Play Now" All Pro difficulty, which plays pretty great.
  2. Fix Rookie Picture Glitch: Player models should resemble their pictures, or vice-versa. It sounds superficial, but drafting a dark-skinned player (by profile picture) and having his player model be glowing white does spoil immersion.
  3. Opposing Team Uniform Changes: We should be able to set the uniform that our opposition plays in. This wouldn't be as big of a deal, but for some of the default away uniforms being flat-out wrong (Vikings don't wear purple pants, for example).
  4. CCM Scheme Changes: This shouldn't be locked in at West Coast offense and Spread defense; we should be able to change this.
  5. Player Editing: I would say editing equipment and numbers are "must haves" - full player model and rating editing would be great, but I can live without.
Thanks.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #88
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7

no offense guys all your posts and wants are great but why would EA give us ANY of this this year when their sales were their best to date? granted they will give us a few of these things but not all- at least the Live team did the right thing and cancelled Live before they stole our money just like Madden- EA's exclusive lisc. is over after next yr and lets just pray that the NFL doesnt re-up with them and allows other companies to make an NFL game, maybe just maybe we will get a real NFL game from EA and not this half broken game that they charged us 60 bucks for! While im a EA fan and Madden fan this yrs game is brutal and I went back to M12! Hope we ALL get what we want and deserve! A true 60 game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »