Home

What do you think patch 3 will include?

This is a discussion on What do you think patch 3 will include? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: What do you think patch 3 will include?

Can the physics work as they were promised somehow? That was this game's main selling point and right now it's the same as if previous Madden games. It's really annoying that I can't truck smaller, weaker players with power backs or get a solid pass rush going with 'good' defensive lineman with any consistency. I'm tired of seeing my lineman fall down when I try a swim move.

If I'm running full speed with Brandon Jacobs and some little db tries to tackle me, I should win that battle most of the time. I've seen the reverse too, seeing little Wes Welker stood up, then suddenly overpowering defenders and running for a TD made me turn off my ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #66
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Well here is my wishlist then:

1. This is a multi-part request but most important to me by far. Please have the AI play like play now mode in CCM. Also, please have the AI gameplan improved so that the playcalling plays more to the team's strength. as of right now, the AI playcalling is so predictable and bad. CCM is way to easy and there is currently no remedy for this.

2. I don't know if this is even possible but please bring back the camera angles and replays from Madden 12. 13 was a giant step back in the presentation (besides the commentary). I really have trouble believing that realism is the goal with this dev team when creative decisions like this are made clearly moving away from broadcast style.

3. The ability to edit anything in CCM. I will take what I can get but the more the better.

4. I would like the ability to change the AI uniforms in CCM - or at least have the AI mix it up once in a while with a throwback or alternate (if this happens now then I am sorry, I haven't seen it yet).

In my opinion, if the AI issues on the field get fixed this will be the best Madden ever, and perhaps (dare I even say it) my favorite football game ever. It truly means that much to me. Thanks for listening.
Thanks Toledo
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #67
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Can the physics work as they were promised somehow? That was this game's main selling point and right now it's the same as if previous Madden games. It's really annoying that I can't truck smaller, weaker players with power backs or get a solid pass rush going with 'good' defensive lineman with any consistency. I'm tired of seeing my lineman fall down when I try a swim move.

If I'm running full speed with Brandon Jacobs and some little db tries to tackle me, I should win that battle most of the time. I've seen the reverse too, seeing little Wes Welker stood up, then suddenly overpowering defenders and running for a TD made me turn off my ps3.
I see what you are saying. Some upgrades need to be made to weight transfer on physics. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #68
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Hello EmmdotFrisk

I'm trying to access a controller select menu in Madden 13's CCM so that I can play co-op with my friends (as I have done for the previous 15 years in Madden).

Unfortunately this core gameplay mode seems to have been removed so could you request it's reintroduction please.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #69
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
Hello EmmdotFrisk

I'm trying to access a controller select menu in Madden 13's CCM so that I can play co-op with my friends (as I have done for the previous 15 years in Madden).

Unfortunately this core gameplay mode seems to have been removed so could you request it's reintroduction please.

Thanks
Thanks for the feedback Mr. T. We have gotten thousands and thousands of requests for this.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #70
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
Thanks for the feedback Mr. T. We have gotten thousands and thousands of requests for this.
Thanks for the response.

Are you able to divulge if co-op will be patched into Madden 13 CCM?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Contract Restructuring. Why was it even taken out of the game? The ability to front-load would be nice as well.

Also, however the Legend Score is calculated in offline CCM is broken. Someone explain to me how 20 years, 220 wins, and 6 Superbowls nets you a Legend Score of 1500.

Last edited by Altimate; 09-26-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #72
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

ETA on whenn this 3rd patch will go live? Here's my list.
1. Man coverage bug, I think it effects zone too-This is a game changer, priority.
2. Editing in CCM-This is a no-brainer, should ahve never been removed. To tag along with this, equipment, allow us to fix it...or fix Romo's sleeves, they look stupid with the new Nike unis.
3. Allow custom playbooks in CCM-You allow me to use my own face but not my own playbook? Seems silly.
4. Any time you create a coach or a gameface coach my offensive scheme is west coast and my D is spread,fix it
5. Fix preseason subs-You can fix your own stupid subs like HB#1 moving to WR #4 and you K and P swaping...but the cpu can't/won't fix it. So after the 1st quarter the cpu kicks 20 yd punts with the kicker and misses most FGs with the punter. This is a game killer. Field position is EVERYTHING in foootball. We were told preseason woould matter this year. MAke it so.
6. Legacy issue-allow us to re-set formation subs when we want. As it is now, and has been for YEARS. The formation sub allows you to permanently sub in a player in that formation. But they stay there forever, game after game, season after season. Unless you sub another player into that slot. This prohibits using the package feature and you should be able to re-et to defaults. Oh and let us do formation subs on ALL SPECIAL TEAMS FORMATIONS.
7. Another lergacy issue that is somewhat related to the above request. Make Longsnappers useful. As it stands now, and has for YEARS...Longsnappers are in the game but useless. First of all alot of them are positions such as TE, or OLB...This makes it immpossible to sub them into the longsnapper slot on the depth chart since it will only except interior O-lineman. None of this matters because throughout the season the cpu simply subs in the highest rated guy and cuts the longsnapper. Why would I handicap myself by keeping my longsnapper when the other 31 teams in the NFL don't. It would be like giving them a free roster spot. Trust me on this one, last year I went thorugh and edited every longsnapper to center and subbed them in myself(controlled all 32 teams) and during the season they all got subbed and cut.
8. Remove positon restrictions in a couple of ways-First let us put ANY PLAYER IN ANY POSITON. As it stands now guys like Brad Smith and Tebow are less effective because you can't sub them depending on what position they are currently listed as...and we CAN'T edit that position either. If I want Brad Smith to be my 2nd QB but sill play WR, KR and wildcatr QB I can't do that. If it's in the game, it's in the game! Come on. Secondly, do have roster minimums. Most teams have a swing offensive tackle and a swing G. I DON'T NEED 4 TACKLES AND 4 GUARDS. This goes for D-line too. A 3-4 defense doesn't need 2 LEs, 2 REs and 3 DTs, they rotate...6 max.
9. I don't think these can be patched in but I wil put them out there anyway...Some don't effect me but they are important nonetheless(spellcheck)-Add co-op play into CCM. Add NCAA draft class to CCM. I know it's wierd because of the storys that have been made for the incoming rookies but this feature needs to be in and needs to be done right. I know for a fact my brother in-law and nephew did not buy your game this year because of these 2 missing features, plus fantasy draft.
10-O-line D-line interaction still needs improving.

That's all i got..10! Thank you.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »