Home

Everyone online presses, and my receivers have terrible "Beat Press" ratings. Help

This is a discussion on Everyone online presses, and my receivers have terrible "Beat Press" ratings. Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Everyone online presses, and my receivers have terrible "Beat Press" ratings. Hel

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Find plays called Spacing. These are designed to beat press coverage. I'm not 100% sure they are in Madden but I have been using them forever in NCAA and they work great. You WR will chuck of the corner on a slant or short hitch route.
I think there's a play called "Spacing" in my playbook-- it's just a bunch of short curl routes, I believe.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
MVP

Re: Everyone online presses, and my receivers have terrible "Beat Press" ratings. Hel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Run comebacks. Or deep outs.
Comebacks are dangerous against press coverage, because a good corner can hop the route since he's so tight on the receiver.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
Rookie

On the topic of pressing, are your receivers on the left side getting jammed too? Because mine are not, now I have a ps3. So is this a ps3 issue, or are you guys seeing this happen on the Xbox as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy
On the topic of pressing, are your receivers on the left side getting jammed too? Because mine are not, now I have a ps3. So is this a ps3 issue, or are you guys seeing this happen on the Xbox as well?
Against the Cowboys, Bears, and Ravens, yes, they do get jammed wide to the left. If not totally jammed, they don't totally beat the press very often.

I'd assume it's more of a personnel issue than a console issue.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

I wish they would add more press/jam and release animations. I also wish they would rub or "pick" animations where dbs run into each other.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #14
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I think there's a play called "Spacing" in my playbook-- it's just a bunch of short curl routes, I believe.
Yeah, that is one of them. I heard a developer or someone talk about this play years ago. If someone jams me I go right to the spacing plays. Your guys will release off the jam and get behind the defender. Just time your throw and soon as the receiver releases. Your guy will catch the ball because the defense is out of position. Sometimes, it looks like the defender will be able to make a play, but I have found to just trust this play. A spacing play with a slant works very nice as well if you can find one. My only word of warning is to make sure they actually jam your guy. The only time I get burned with this play is when I throw off the cut and my guy isn't jammed. That turns into a pick more times than not.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 09-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Against the Cowboys, Bears, and Ravens, yes, they do get jammed wide to the left. If not totally jammed, they don't totally beat the press very often.

I am going with console issue. I have played extensively with the Cowboys, I have NEVER seen the left side jam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #16
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
The Patriots have the best receiving corps in the entire NFL, so I'm 99.8% sure its not a personnel problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »