Home

Am I the only one starting to get really FRUSTRATED with this PHYSICS ENGINE???

This is a discussion on Am I the only one starting to get really FRUSTRATED with this PHYSICS ENGINE??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Am I the only one starting to get really FRUSTRATED with this PHYSICS ENGINE???

"No more "features." Can you please focus on football next year?"

That's hard when for some reason putting actual "football" into a Madden has to be marketed as a feature. I am watching the Ravens v Patroits right now, where a WR "became the defender" to break up an INT attempt and I can just picture this being a new feature for Madden 14. SMH

I don't even mean that really as a complaint directed at the the devs, more so just pointing out how FUBAR the culture around Madden seems for making a quality simulation. No way as a football fan, if I were a programmer/developer I would want to work on a football game where even basic football aspects need to be marketable to justify their addition. I think it may be time to just walk away from NFL gaming until the NFL exclusive is over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Am I the only one starting to get really FRUSTRATED with this PHYSICS ENGINE???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think it may be time to just walk away from NFL gaming until the NFL exclusive is over.
This is definitely becoming my reality. The more I play this game, the more I realize Tiburon just doesn't have it. As always I will pay attention when the game is in development and gearing up it's marketing, but the hope of getting something I can actually be wow'd by and totally satisfied with is all but gone.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #27
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Its not real physics. They added a layer of run time physics over existing animations.
This post right here is spot on. Any and all speculation, arguments, whatever should end with this one.

The FRUSTRATING animations of the DB coming to tackle Matt Forte with that standing shoulder barge that has been in this game forever make me sick.

The FRUSTRATING weightless feel to the players.

The FRUSTRATING head to head collisions where both ball carrier and defender fall backwards.

We could all find a few more of these animations that have been in the game forever. If it's indeed a new engine why am I still see the same things? Like the comeback route when the receiver hooks up beyond the first down but warps back 5 yards to catch the ball and not get forward progress marked?? Yeah that one. How long has it been there????

You get the idea....
Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great thread! Everything that has irked me about this iteration of Madden concisely stated. I have never understood why 90% of the tackles in this game are big explosive hit. I thought that kinda junk was reserved for NFL Blitz?
Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #29
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMoody21
It's becoming apparent that I am making myself the fool by arguing with a child.

To you, the game is a toy. Understand that like everything in life, some people have a different perception and expectation of a product. My version of the game, for example, does not state anything about being a toy. In stark contrast, I am greeted each time I log on by Trey Wingo telling me this game starts with "most importantly, realistic game play".

So why is it your position to come into another persons thread about issues they have , dismiss them and then downplay it with your stance on the product?

I'm done discussing it with you, allow other people to see and judge something different than you without acting as a self imposed "bigger person".

You came into a thread with FRUSTRATED in all caps in the title, again.....you came in with the sole purpose to argue, not be constructive. I call almost guarantee you didn't even take the time to explore the problem he described, had you done that you would understand.

it's sold at "Toys R us" . Please try to grasp that concept.
Must be a few distinct reasons they decided to carry that product that so many kids play with.
in the words of the great Sigmund Freud " sometimes a banana is just a banana "
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #30
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

They also sell it at Wal-Mart... where they sell fire arms. Your point is moot.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I really want this to be the case and it likely may be the intent but it seems to me that those games may have had a better foundation to accomplish this then Madden. Meaning, I haven't played either so does anyone know if in year one of the three year plan for FIFA and NHL, those games were as lacking fundamentally as Madden is? I mean that as a serious question because if those games where able to completely go from ish to sugar using this three year model, then that bodes well for Madden but if Madden is far more fundamentally FUBAR than those games, like I think, then it seems to me this three year plan is more about the Madden on the new consoles than the current ones.
I said that because of the comments earlier when IE was introduced. Our son plays FIFA religiously, but if I ask him, I bet he would tell me he noticed gradual improvements over three years. Soccer is as serious to him as football is to me, but he doesn't take his gaming as seriously as we do.

I think Phobia, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, mentioned in FIFA's first year of physics, players were falling down all over with minimal contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

I disagree with the OP completely, I find the physics engine to be fantastic.

Running works great if you just wait for the holes to open up and dont his boost once you get the ball.

Yes, it stink to run into the back of the offensive lineman but guess what? You did that, you pushed the buttons and made your RB run into a 300 pound mand who is dug in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »