Home

Don't understand some of the complaints about the running game and tackling

This is a discussion on Don't understand some of the complaints about the running game and tackling within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Don't understand some of the complaints about the running game and tackling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I think one advantage I have over people that have been playing Madden regularly is that what a tackle looks like is icing on the cake. Almost literally when you consider that the graphic is just an illustration of whether the tackle was made based on all the factors of the game engine running underneath. See cake and icing.

My concern with any football game I play is how deep is that engine running the sim. How many possible scenarios are there that could happen based on player attributes/weight/physics etc. That is what I'm looking for in a game, yes I know I'm in the minority, but how good it looks is the final tuning process that gets more and more improved each year down the road.
It's seven years into a generation, we are almost done with these consoles. You would think it would have started a bit sooner. The road is about closed.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
The problem isn't the human running game, it's the CPU. Due to the new physics, the CPU is constantly cutting into their own players and falling down. This produces many games where the CPU will run 15 times for 9 yards or something like that. The new physics engine is amazing, but the CPU hasn't really... adjusted to it yet.
for the most part this is only in ccm though ...play now ai run game is great
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

An 87 overall back breaking the all-time NFL record huh.

I am not sure anyone has complained about USER rushing, in fact, I for one feel it is too easy. I finally am getting pretty realistic stats (Mathews finished with 4.1 yards per carry, 1200 yards for the year in my most recent season) but I have to max out CPU defense and lower user rushing sliders to zero for that.

A lot of you who sit back and say "I get rushed on in CCM, do you guys even watch real football?" are missing the point entirely....

It isn't that the CPU can't run the ball in CCM, it isn't that the CPU can't do anything in particular in CCM, it's that the CPU IS NOT THE SAME IN CCM AS IN PLAY NOW GAMES. PERIOD. Yes, I can give up anywhere between 90-140 TEAM rushing yards to the CPU in CCM sometimes, but, it is not consistent enough, and FAR too often the CPU rusher ignores the holes right in front of him, jukes 4x in the backfield, and has very little field awareness. This does NOT happen in Play Now.

The difference is night and day, we have a number of posts from a number of supporters supporting this fact.

That's all we want fixed.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 09-24-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »