Home

Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support

This is a discussion on Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, online has been given quick fixes while offline needs to wait for the patch.

This isn't news to me, it follows past history.

A game day patch is dropped and this year, they dropped a patch a few weeks later.

Bugs are noticed by all the forums after a week or two of the game being out, and then they try to fix as many bugs as they can.

The big patch usually comes out in October.

So, they have fixed a few issues on the online side of things. Other than that, they seem to be repeating history.

Hopefully, this thread is noticed and a timely response will be given.

I think the big problem every year with EA is the bugs you could see from a mile away not being patched in a timely fashion. I think we all can accept there are bugs both seen and unseen in most sports titles but something like the playcalling being broken in CC this long is crazy especially because again this is readily identifiable and they've gotten feedback on this game since the season preview.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, online has been given quick fixes while offline needs to wait for the patch.

This isn't news to me, it follows past history.
Tell that to the NHL team. Patch and 3 tuner sets out already. Plus they actually seemed concerned what their fans think.

NHL better game...better dev team. It's that simple and possibly should be the slogan on their box.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Tell that to the NHL team. Patch and 3 tuner sets out already. Plus they actually seemed concerned what their fans think.

NHL better game...better dev team. It's that simple and possibly should be the slogan on their box.
Exactly. It's really hard for EA, or anyone defending them, to say anything when another EA studio is showing them up.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #20
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Exactly. It sucks that my eagerness to play NHL though has been ruined by the lockout.

It's mind boggling to see how great NHL is compared to Madden. The game itself, and its post release support.

I really enjoy Madden this year, no doubt about that. However, I'm at the point where I'm getting fed up with it. I'm an offline gamer, being forced to play a single player online franchise right now because they havent fixed the offline CCM issues yet. The AI issues, the gameplay issues such as the "man coverage bug" that's well documented here with your team run committing if you are playing as a DL. Zero tuner updates as of yet for Madden. It's pretty frustrating. This is their flagship title... and it's constantly neglected. At least... where its important. Sure they've added fantasy drafts and such, and thats great... but can we fix the gameplay first???
Old 09-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Madden isn't EA's flagship title.....FIFA series is, followed by the NHL series. Madden is 3rd and NCAA is 4th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:

Exactly. I was amazed that Josh Looman said it will take him some weeks just to convert the new rosters to CCM. Didn't he put a system in place for that when he built CCM? It's like they don't think of anything in advance while building new things

I don't mean to be rude, and I don't wish anyone out of a job, but I would like them to move every last remaining madden dev to other games, and get new fresh guys to piddle with this game. I know the bottom line though is still the core football engine is just horrible, but maybe they can improve it better then the current guys have. Same goes for the art dev also. Not feeling it this year at all. He made the graphics go backward IMO.

IMO, patch 3's assumed content needed to come out in the first week patch, or at least in patch 2's time space.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-25-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Exactly. I was amazed that Josh Looman said it will take him some weeks just to convert the new rosters to CCM. Didn't he put a system in place for that when he built CCM? It's like they don't think of anything in advance while building new things

I don't mean to be rude, and I don't wish anyone out of a job, but I would like them to move every last remaining madden dev to other games, and get new fresh guys to piddle with this game. I know the bottom line though is still the core football engine is just horrible. The same goes for the art dev also. Not feeling it this year at all.

IMO, patch 3's assumed content needed to come out in the first week patch, or at least in patch 2's time space.
Why bother with a patch at this point? In another week or two, people will have moved on from this game like they do every year. There are much better sports games out there. MUCH better. There are even much better football games out there.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

Could not agree more with this. Right on the money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »