Home

Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support

This is a discussion on Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support

Remember seeing this before the game came out?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/22/ma...date-in-septe/

Quote:
The game's "tuner sets" feature, which was included and hardly used in Madden 12, gives the development team the opportunity to issue small gameplay tweaks without the use of a full title update. EA Tiburon's team plans to "closely monitor community feedback and will quickly release tuners based on any major issues reported." The same can't be said for Madden 12, as its lack of consistent updates became a glaring issue in sports gaming communities such as Pastapadre and OperationSports.

"The team is absolutely committed to post-launch support, and we will make it a point to keep you updated on title updates, tuner sets, roster updates, new Madden Moments Live and more," EA said in a statement to Joystiq. Providing the Madden team sticks to its goals, Madden 13 is likely to receive more post-launch support out of the gate than last year's game had entirely.
I have to admit, they got me. I really thought the post launch support was going to be better this year.

1 month later CCM is still almost unplayable because of the horrendous AI and the numerous frustrating bugs (injuries, auto-subs, playbooks, coach schemes, simulation stats, etc.)

So far all they have updated is gameface, fantasy draft, and post play physics. Not too mention we have not had any information whatsoever on if or when the next patch is coming and what it may have, aside from the generic "We're looking into it" comment.

Am I being too cynical or has the post-launch support been just as bad as it has been in the past?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support

You're not alone. I am giving this game every chance, but I'm at a point of frustration as well when it comes to CPU AI bugs and CCM. It would help if they said that they will release this patch on this date and with details. But nothing. I'm really tempted to trade it in right now since so many QUALITY titles are about to come out.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Banned

no , your not being to hard on them about this. they just like to tell stories to get our hopes up, year , after year, after year. jut take a look at the "CCM website" its only about half done and they refuse to give any info on when they might , if ever this year finish it. i mean every company has a "projected timeline" for all projects. yet they somehow refuse to tell us when that is for the CCM website , which is about useless as it is. their last website was in "BETA" for 3 years. so how long will this be in "BETA"? like you said there are numerous AI issues, numerous issues overall , that MANY people are posting about on the EA website forums, yet not only do they not answer those posts, they also dont seem to be working on any of the things . their communication with the customer is horrible at best. yet i know some guys will say give them a break.sorry after the last 5 years of maddens lackluster efforts, they have had pleanty of time to get things right and to have better customer service. not only that , i hear some people who wanna "get their backs" say , they only had a year to do this in, you shouldnt expect a complete game. well that is just bs at best. they put out a new madden EVERY SINGLE YEAR. and every year, it seems its only half done, bugs havent been worked out, they refuse actually fix things. if your gonna put out a game every year, its your job to get it right in time for its release , not just keep "patching" it for the next 4 months only to say , well we cant work on this one anymore, cause we gotta get the next one going.my point is , if you cant make the game in that amount of time, jut make a new one every couple years, and just do roster updates the off years. i mean would that be so hard? oh wait , then they couldnt make all that money .thats right , cause its all about their greed. not their desire to really put out a great game. im about done with madden myself. they keep crying "wolf, wolf wolf" (we will listen and fix what u ask for) yet its just the same ol same ol year in year out.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Actually, online has been given quick fixes while offline needs to wait for the patch.

This isn't news to me, it follows past history.

A game day patch is dropped and this year, they dropped a patch a few weeks later.

Bugs are noticed by all the forums after a week or two of the game being out, and then they try to fix as many bugs as they can.

The big patch usually comes out in October.

So, they have fixed a few issues on the online side of things. Other than that, they seem to be repeating history.

Hopefully, this thread is noticed and a timely response will be given.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

It would be great if EA would make a list of bugs they are fixing and the things they'll just let slide and maybe fix next year.

If they are only looking to add to CCM in it's current state, like they did with the fantasy draft, then this game just won't be for me. Without this list we're all guessing and hoping what will get in the patch.

I feel it's flawed costumer service not to let us know what they are working on. Even if it's not the answer some of us are looking for atleast we'd know what we're dealing with and either move on or try to make the best of what we got.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
It would be great if EA would make a list of bugs they are fixing and the things they'll just let slide and maybe fix next year.

If they are only looking to add to CCM in it's current state, like they did with the fantasy draft, then this game just won't be for me. Without this list we're all guessing and hoping what will get in the patch.

I feel it's flawed costumer service not to let us know what they are working on. Even if it's not the answer some of us are looking for atleast we'd know what we're dealing with and either move on or try to make the best of what we got.
Not entirely, though.

They can't announce upfront this is what we are working on, if the fix doesn't work, that's worse customer service.

People would be fuming across all madden nation.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not entirely, though.

They can't announce upfront this is what we are working on, if the fix doesn't work, that's worse customer service.

People would be fuming across all madden nation.
I will have to disagree! Information and communication should be so much better then what it is - to me that is what costumer service is all about.

Right now we have no clue what EA are working on - it could be a patch or it could be another add on to the current version of CCM.

I would have much greater respect for EA if they came out and said we're trying to fix 1 but 2 won't be in this year. The only response we're getting is "we'll look into it..."

I can understand that not all would be pleased by this approach, but atleast we'd know what to expect.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
Banned

js3512's Arena

It's amazing how spoiled this generation of gamers has become. Anyone else remember the days when you'd drop 30 on a game and if it was terrible, oh well...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »