Home

House rules for offense playcalling.. what are yours?

This is a discussion on House rules for offense playcalling.. what are yours? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #9
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: House rules for offense playcalling.. what are yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I like your little QB thing you have there. Reminds me of last night in the game how they were saying Brady "owns" that team and he can do whatever he wants as Flacco doesn't have much control and has to listen to the coach.

I might do this. But I feel in CCM, it's be impossible to have a 98+OVR QB with the schemes and all. Might say:

Below 80 or Rookie: No control.

80-84: Motion & Flip Play

85-89: Motion, Flip Play, and Quick Audible

90+: Every control including custom audibles.

Timeouts dont really concern me.

Also, do you have any rules on adjusting the OL for running plays?
I just don't adjust the line period however I'm on madden 12. Haven't gotten far enough on 13 for that kind of detail yet. I figure your set would be more appropriate for this year.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9
Talking Re: House rules for offense playcalling.. what are yours?

I have 2 basic house rules 1. NO SWITCH RULE ON DEFENSE) 2. (MATCH PERSONNEL ON DEF EXCEPT ON 3RD AND 15 OR MORE AT THE END OF THE HALF OR GAME.) As for offense I make it conscious effort to use as many plays in my playbook as the situation dictates and not use the same plays all the time I really don't need house rules for offense because my sliders have given me a challange on defense I'm old school I like run most of the time anyways.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #11
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

As of recently, no stretch plays or power O, simply too easy to get the edge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

These types of thread make me lol

It's a sad day when you have to put up house rules in order to enjoy the gameplay of a game.

It's like having a wife that doesn't cook or clean, no offense to any women here if there are even any, but it kind of defeats the purpose.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
These types of thread make me lol

It's a sad day when you have to put up house rules in order to enjoy the gameplay of a game.

It's like having a wife that doesn't cook or clean, no offense to any women here if there are even any, but it kind of defeats the purpose.
Agreed, this thread is strange. House rules to limit yourself, so that you dont exploit EA A.I.

Tweaking sliders is all we should have to do.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I like your little QB thing you have there. Reminds me of last night in the game how they were saying Brady "owns" that team and he can do whatever he wants as Flacco doesn't have much control and has to listen to the coach.

I might do this. But I feel in CCM, it's be impossible to have a 98+OVR QB with the schemes and all. Might say:

Below 80 or Rookie: No control.

80-84: Motion & Flip Play

85-89: Motion, Flip Play, and Quick Audible

90+: Every control including custom audibles.

Timeouts dont really concern me.

Also, do you have any rules on adjusting the OL for running plays?
Another way to do this rather than overall, and closer to what I actually do, is to go by awareness. This adds a lot of value to the awareness rating which is such a huge part of overall compared to its actual value otherwise.

awareness is basically rated as a player's playing experience, football knowledge, and intellegence, the things that would give a coach conficence to allow a player to make such changes. A,coach isnt going to say, well, this guys arm got stronger so now I trust his decision making more, is he? No, it is more along the lines of this guy is understandimg the game better, now I will trust him more.

Also this woukd make there be some more interesting decisions between going with the more talented rookie or the older, wiser veteran and would add the need to improve awareness or atleast make it a consideration.

Another thing I do with games like ncaa wherr there are formation subs is for non qbs limit the number of formations a guy can play by his awareness to add more value to awareness and a need for depth so if those ever make it into madden. . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »