Home

Playing Realistically..

This is a discussion on Playing Realistically.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Rookie

kaizer85's Arena

OVR: 1
Playing Realistically..

Im playing on All Pro on my CCM..I want to play more realistically im playing on 8 Min quarters but what i mean is i only see holding calls..Rarely i see any defensive or even offensive pass interference?
Houston Astro's Fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Playing Realistically..

Pi is rarely called. Ben like that for years. Put slider on 100 if you want. Sorry for poor grammar spelling. iPhone with autocorrect.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Honestly, you should take a look at Roughing the Passer.

It looks silly sometimes, but when set to 54 or 55 in Madden 09 through 12 [so I assume the same for 13,] roughing the passer is the best way to replicate defensive penalties. You will see a defender and a QB after the throw slow to a walk and the defender will touch the QB by accident and the QB will go flying and the flag will be thrown. You just have to accept that as a simulation of a defensive foul. Pretend it was a PI or something else. I hate it, but that's the best way to get a correct number of flags/yards per game.

It also helps give the AI [and the user] free first downs just like in real life that keep drives alive.

I tend to use these penalty settings:

False Start at 0 & Off-sides at 100. I know false start at 0 isn't that realistic, but it's the better of two evils in my opinion. You see, for years in Madden, the AI will line up for a FG and use the cadence and get a false start to back them up out of FG range and punt. The computer putting up 3 points instead of punting makes a big difference, so I'll live with 0 false start. Also, I rarely saw my defenders ever jump offsides. Even with false start at 5 [I never tried 1, and I might just for the heck of it] the offense would "jump" far more often than the D line. Also ,at 5, I still saw a LOT of field goal attempts get pushed back. The AI LOVES to use the cadence on FG tries.

Holding, clipping, face mask all at 54. 55 makes these flags come in all the time, just like with roughing.

They rest don't appear to matter at all. I have them set to 100 and never see them called.

Penalties per game

Penalty yards per game

Going back to 2003, teams average a low of about 4 per game to a high of about 8 per game. Most teams commit 5 or 6 a game. Teams also average anywhere from 35 yards to 85 yards a game. Most teams fall in the 50 yard mark. That makes sense given the average of about 5 or 6 a game. If you see about 5 or 6 a game for about 50 yards a game, along with about 120 to 130 plays per game, you are right where you want to be.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Josh Looman is psychic and knew that officiating would be crap this year...so he put it "in the game."
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

not really on topic but I just wanted to post that I recently had my first DPI call on a half ending incomplete hail mary to set up a chip shot field goal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I lost a game when I got a DPI in the endzone and they scored the next play.

The QB pump faked and got me to bite, I destroyed the TE with my MLB.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

I got one this morning! Won me the game. The SS smashed TY Hilton when I threw it. Got the penalty and Mr. Clutch won it as time expired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »