Home

Practice???

This is a discussion on Practice??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Easy win. .
Old 09-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Practice???

You do know that real players spend way more time in practice than they do playing games, right?
Old 09-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 13

Lmao this is sim football, not nfl head coach. The point has always been about playing the games, not doing rediculous practice modes. IMO madden is close or is becoming more and more derailed every year. Last year, the potential crap plagued 12, and now you have to get XP? Wow...just wow I'm speechless. It's no wonder Fifa will always be decades ahead of madden and ncaaf.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 3

Theres a practice scenario where you play 4 full quarters!! Why would I want to do that? Lol seriously..
Old 09-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I completely agree with the OP. If they would at least give you some xp for simming practice I wouldn't think twice about it. But since they don't you basically are forced into doing practice every week. I also find it a huge nuisance instead of something fun. I want to play the games not dink around wasting limited playtime in practice to level up players and coaches.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #14
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Yeah,

This system needs to be reformed. I mean, it's cool to have a means of getting XP, but maybe something a little less monotonous than an experience that so closely mirrors an actual game.

For example, I think the minigame concept Madden utilized for training camps a few years back would be a fair place to start.

Bottom line is, practice needs to be quicker.... Get in, get out.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

People asked for a SIM game, they got what they wanted. Real NFL players spend countless hours practicing, and only a couple of hours in games a week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
People asked for a SIM game, they got what they wanted. Real NFL players spend countless hours practicing, and only a couple of hours in games a week.
I'm sorry.

I have a full time job. Video games is a recreation. This argument of what "real NFL players do" is ludicrous. It's THEIR full time job, not mine.

I want to play the games and I don't want to practice. It's stupid that I'm losing potential XP points because I don't have the time to "practice" in a video game.

It's nice to have it in there for people who want to do it, really nice actually. But those that don't want to shouldn't be punished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »