Home

Game is Nothing but Exploits

This is a discussion on Game is Nothing but Exploits within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Game is Nothing but Exploits

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
This gm is full of so much bs on defense its not even funny. If I call a man coverage play the curl or out route beats it every time, even with top guys like Revis. If I call a zone you can utterly destroy it cuz no team knows how to play zone for some reason. Its just exploit after exploit, totally focused on offense.
Same thing, every year. But, EA still is able to sell this game. EA cant even figure out how to stop nano's and money plays. I played a dude the other night and I told him stop nano blitzing. He told me to get over
it. He said "EA doesn't care if I nano blitz, why should you". The sad thing about his statement is that he is right.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_truthman.com
Same thing, every year. But, EA still is able to sell this game. EA cant even figure out how to stop nano's and money plays. I played a dude the other night and I told him stop nano blitzing. He told me to get over
it. He said "EA doesn't care if I nano blitz, why should you". The sad thing about his statement is that he is right.
What you said, just played a dude that nanoed up the a gap. That is until I used a seven man protection scheme, haven't seen a nano yet that can penetrate it.

That being said it still should not happen. The funny thing is though, most of these cheesers I play have no defense at ALL. All they have is the streak route and the lead passing. Which by the way needs to be toned down. I don't mind people throwing the ball before the receiver cuts on a out or dig, or comeback that is fine

But the way you can lead a receiver on these streaks is unrealistic, and to boot the defense just stands there.

They also need to fix jamming receivers on the left side, as well as the tight end. Also curls and out routes should not be automatic as a previous poster said.

I have watched plenty of games on Sunday's where the receiver cuts and the db is on his hip pocket. The only corners I see do that is nnamdi and Revis.

There are a list of others, but the unrealistic leading of the streak has been the number one money play i have seen.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy
What you said, just played a dude that nanoed up the a gap. That is until I used a seven man protection scheme, haven't seen a nano yet that can penetrate it.

That being said it still should not happen. The funny thing is though, most of these cheesers I play have no defense at ALL. All they have is the streak route and the lead passing. Which by the way needs to be toned down. I don't mind people throwing the ball before the receiver cuts on a out or dig, or comeback that is fine

But the way you can lead a receiver on these streaks is unrealistic, and to boot the defense just stands there.

They also need to fix jamming receivers on the left side, as well as the tight end. Also curls and out routes should not be automatic as a previous poster said.

I have watched plenty of games on Sunday's where the receiver cuts and the db is on his hip pocket. The only corners I see do that is nnamdi and Revis.

There are a list of others, but the unrealistic leading of the streak has been the number one money play i have seen.
I have a play that allows you to keep 8 in to block that beats every coverage in the game. I refuse to use it in ranked or expose it here (I'm a sim player) I found it accidentally in practice mode labbing with a friend. No worries though I won't be exposing it as it'd break the game completely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I have a play that allows you to keep 8 in to block that beats every coverage in the game. I refuse to use it in ranked or expose it here (I'm a sim player) I found it accidentally in practice mode labbing with a friend. No worries though I won't be exposing it as it'd break the game completely.
Its getting out of control. There is a play out trips where you streak one of the wideouts, it completely freezes both safeties and is six just about everytime, beats man as well. I am seriously considering not playing online until the 3rd patch.

I can put up 20 plus on most of these cheesers, but all they have to do is stop me once or twice, and that is the game, because these streak routes are virtually unstoppable over a consistent period of time. If I don't get a fumble or chance pick off of them, it is virtually always a automatic L
Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
The problem is defense is not programmed realistically. In real there are so many factors that decide what a defender does on any given play. They have checks and reads based on a number of things pre-snap and post-snap. They need to give us the freedom to tell our defense how to react each play based on the situation. The gameplanning for coverage in NCAA kinda does this, KINDA, but I am looking for even more control.
they do. you can run commit , pass commit, and from their fine tune your cbs, your lbs etc.

In otherw ords you can run commit and still do a press coveregae with your corners on recievers, or play a zone, what ever your prefrence.

I
Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

I was told they took out slants towards the sidelines to stop cheese, but these clowns are going to cheese no matter what. So EA ends up taking away something else from the game and punishes people that don't try to abuse the game.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
they do. you can run commit , pass commit, and from their fine tune your cbs, your lbs etc.

In otherw ords you can run commit and still do a press coveregae with your corners on recievers, or play a zone, what ever your prefrence.

I
Speaking of run/pass commit. What are the players actually doing after you select pass commit? Or is it that they just don't get fooled on play action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy
Its getting out of control. There is a play out trips where you streak one of the wideouts, it completely freezes both safeties and is six just about everytime, beats man as well. I am seriously considering not playing online until the 3rd patch.

I can put up 20 plus on most of these cheesers, but all they have to do is stop me once or twice, and that is the game, because these streak routes are virtually unstoppable over a consistent period of time. If I don't get a fumble or chance pick off of them, it is virtually always a automatic L
To piggy back on this, i have posted about this same issue, but what else concerns me is that you can take ANY DEFENDER whether it be an NT, DE or whatever and cover anyone in the damn game stride for stride and step for step. Its down right frustrating to see this happening and people get rewarded for it when they should get punished!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »