Home

Game is Nothing but Exploits

This is a discussion on Game is Nothing but Exploits within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Game is Nothing but Exploits

This gm is full of so much bs on defense its not even funny. If I call a man coverage play the curl or out route beats it every time, even with top guys like Revis. If I call a zone you can utterly destroy it cuz no team knows how to play zone for some reason. Its just exploit after exploit, totally focused on offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Re: Game is Nothing but Exploits

I think of sports games as sandbox games which give you back what you put into them. I do not play online for many of those reasons but I am able to have fun offline vs the CPU using a giant list of house rules and jacked up sliders. This is every sports game I ever played including the 'great' ones from other sports. If you use the right play style it can be fun rather than frustrating, there will always be exploits you just have to limit yourself at least offline that's the case. If your talking about Online i think of it as the wild west and everything is open but I get bored easy of that
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree with what you say.. but I've found a way to defend the curl routes.
Just make sure you use a cover 4 defense and control the LB to cover the middle of the field.

You need to change certain zones the nickel CB defends even sometimes the DE can cover a zone
Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Its just so damn annoying its the same 4 plays vs everyone I play. A curl route, if I am in zone its an out route, it also seems Madden loves to screw me when im down.

Also I have to face all these nano blitzers who have 1 DB covering 4 of my WRs like hes god cuz of that speedy ball hawk crap.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
This gm is full of so much bs on defense its not even funny. If I call a man coverage play the curl or out route beats it every time, even with top guys like Revis. If I call a zone you can utterly destroy it cuz no team knows how to play zone for some reason. Its just exploit after exploit, totally focused on offense.
I noticed the same things brother. NCAA I don't get this experience with madden I do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Rookie

I also miss playing with mics, in past Maddens I would always go to lobby and say "MICS ONLY INVITE ME!", now nobody has them and the only way to play Ranked is through matchmaking. The community seems dead, 75 users are online but no one is playing it seems.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Jester7677's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I noticed the same things brother. NCAA I don't get this experience with madden I do.
I've never played NCAA. Does it really have less issues?

Amen OP, but lets agree its worse than you post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

The problem is defense is not programmed realistically. In real there are so many factors that decide what a defender does on any given play. They have checks and reads based on a number of things pre-snap and post-snap. They need to give us the freedom to tell our defense how to react each play based on the situation. The gameplanning for coverage in NCAA kinda does this, KINDA, but I am looking for even more control.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »