Home

Scheme Question

This is a discussion on Scheme Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon5 Scheme Question

Under schemes I have 3 WR's listed and have been playing about too see whether the overall rating would up go when I change them to Speed, Route Runner etc.

Does WR1 relate to to the first WR listed in the depth chart WR2 to the second and WR3 to the third?

Cheers,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Scheme Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrich
Under schemes I have 3 WR's listed and have been playing about too see whether the overall rating would up go when I change them to Speed, Route Runner etc.

Does WR1 relate to to the first WR listed in the depth chart WR2 to the second and WR3 to the third?

Cheers,

This is more of a guess than anything else, only the Madden team could really answer this for you, but from what I've seen, in Player Scheme WR1 will refer to who is listed first on your "roster" not your depth chart, because the ratings on your roster are listed by overall so this is who the cpu says is your best WR. Your 2nd best wr as deemed by the cpu (roster) would be the WR2 and so on. But to be brutally honest, I'm not even sure that the function works as intended and I think only the scheme WR1 is applicable at any time. Same with CB and HB. Although whether there even is a HB2 is based on the team you are coaching, so I think it is all tied together in that respect and not really with the 2 options in player schemes.

I guess in other words I'm trying to say it is broke when there is more than 1 scheme per position.

not gospel by any means though and maybe someone has actually play-tested it and will answer...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
This is more of a guess than anything else, only the Madden team could really answer this for you, but from what I've seen, in Player Scheme WR1 will refer to who is listed first on your "roster" not your depth chart, because the ratings on your roster are listed by overall so this is who the cpu says is your best WR. Your 2nd best wr as deemed by the cpu (roster) would be the WR2 and so on. But to be brutally honest, I'm not even sure that the function works as intended and I think only the scheme WR1 is applicable at any time. Same with CB and HB. Although whether there even is a HB2 is based on the team you are coaching, so I think it is all tied together in that respect and not really with the 2 options in player schemes.

I guess in other words I'm trying to say it is broke when there is more than 1 scheme per position.

not gospel by any means though and maybe someone has actually play-tested it and will answer...

Agreed, these schemes are a really good idea in theory but it ended up being pretty terrible
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Agreed, these schemes are a really good idea in theory but it ended up being pretty terrible
Ha they work great in Head Coach...okay now I'm just being mean sorry...just really enjoying playing this again
Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the replies. Another part of Madden that is broken
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

It actually does pertain to your depth chart. In my CCM, I play with the Lions. I have Red Zone Threat set as my #1, Speed as my #2, and route runner as my #3. The overall shown pertains to how effective a player is as whatever type you have set as the #1 receiver. If you change the type, say from Red Zone Threat to Route Runner, you should see the overalls change. Whoever best fits the types will be put as the #1, #2, and #3 receivers when the depth chart is sorted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »