Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Check out this guide as well has some that are not listed on the one here and has some ratings with it
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4bO...3Q1UE0/preview
Old 10-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #154
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

So it seems like after a certain point you are locked into a given year's storyline arc or branch. I have not simmed repeatedly to determine when, but it seems like the storyline branch locks either in the preseason or week 1.

Does anyone know when the storyline branch locks in CCM?

*re-posted from a thread, couldn't get any feedback.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
So it seems like after a certain point you are locked into a given year's storyline arc or branch. I have not simmed repeatedly to determine when, but it seems like the storyline branch locks either in the preseason or week 1.

Does anyone know when the storyline branch locks in CCM?

*re-posted from a thread, couldn't get any feedback.
I believe its locked in when you start your CCM. You get a starting draft, and can know which drafts in which order will occur for the next 29 drafts. The players are the same storyline wise no matter how many times you reload the draft... I've tried many times trying to get all the different storylines for each player. I would have to do another CCM set to get different ones, and even then I wouldn't be guaranteed that I got all the different stories. So that's why we are listing the ones we got, and will be adding more as we get them from people using our guides that are willing to post the different story types for their draft, and the outcome (Dev Level and Draft Position). Rarely when the storyline changes for a player are the drafted in the exact same position, which is why we can use it as a differentiators. We will be able to list the possible dev level and draft position, and hopefully by week 7 of the off-season, we should be able to know what storyline each guy had by his projected pick even if you hadn't paid full attention during the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #156
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud
I believe its locked in when you start your CCM. You get a starting draft, and can know which drafts in which order will occur for the next 29 drafts. The players are the same storyline wise no matter how many times you reload the draft... I've tried many times trying to get all the different storylines for each player. I would have to do another CCM set to get different ones, and even then I wouldn't be guaranteed that I got all the different stories. So that's why we are listing the ones we got, and will be adding more as we get them from people using our guides that are willing to post the different story types for their draft, and the outcome (Dev Level and Draft Position). Rarely when the storyline changes for a player are the drafted in the exact same position, which is why we can use it as a differentiators. We will be able to list the possible dev level and draft position, and hopefully by week 7 of the off-season, we should be able to know what storyline each guy had by his projected pick even if you hadn't paid full attention during the season.

Wow, that is very interesting. I assumed that each year was different and you could likely reload to get new outcomes with each class.

If want you say is true, then the outcome of a class 10 years down the road is already decided - you just don't know it yet.

I was going to reload at the very beginning of each season (preseason start), and sim to see if different storylines would appear. I will still try this to double check, but I assume you guys are correct. Hopefully I get the storylines I want :P

Last edited by Pandetta; 10-08-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #157
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Wow, that is very interesting. I assumed that each year was different and you could likely reload to get new outcomes with each class.

If want you say is true, then the outcome of a class 10 years down the road is already decided - you just don't know it yet.

I was going to reload at the very beginning of each season (preseason start), and sim to see if different storylines would appear. I will still try this to double check, but I assume you guys are correct. Hopefully I get the storylines I want :P
Don't bother, they are definitely already decided from the placement of your first draft class.

For instance, a prospects' cousin is in the draft the year after he goes to the NFL, and they run a story about it.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #158
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc
Don't bother, they are definitely already decided from the placement of your first draft class.

For instance, a prospects' cousin is in the draft the year after he goes to the NFL, and they run a story about it.
Yea I was hoping I could reload to change storylines, both to check them all out and to affect my CCM.

If they are determined at the beginning you could sim through as many seasons as you wanted to see the result of every storyline player - since it will stay the same - and then restart if you don't like the result. That would be much more time consuming without the "sim season" option though.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 AM   #159
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

Yeah we found out that its circular... if you get #16 as your first draft, it will go in order to 30, then start again at 1 all the way through 14 (since we only get 30 franchise years meaning 29 drafts
if you started at 2, you'd go through to 30 never getting #1. Does that make sense?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #160
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud
Yeah we found out that its circular... if you get #16 as your first draft, it will go in order to 30, then start again at 1 all the way through 14 (since we only get 30 franchise years meaning 29 drafts
if you started at 2, you'd go through to 30 never getting #1. Does that make sense?

Oh sure, I knew that. I meant I was assuming that each storyline branched at some point, and you could reload to change it - rather than the entire 30 draft story being preset (in whatever branch it might be) once you begin your CCM.

I am actually simming it right now to check if the branches are controlled/locked in when each season starts, or when the CCM starts (season 1) and never changes after that as you assert.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »