Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #273
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.mclellan
I am not sure, but it looks like they have changed things up. Someone please help me decide which draft this is. Story line player so far is Alvaro McClain. He is a RE from Ohio State. Top QB is Ken Marshall. Help!!
It's draft 27. QB Ken Marshall can end up not being that good, which is why you probably couldn't find him. McClain with a good year ends up being a star RE.

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but there are 2 WR's I would definitely draft.

WR - Clifton Faulk - 6"1 - 98 SPD - Star Development (Projected 1st)
WR - Ross Lake - 6'5" - 90 SPD - Fast Development (Projected 4th)

RT - Bobby Krautman - 88OVR Big Mauler - Star Development (1st) [RT don't come up too often].

There are other good players in the draft too.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #274
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by throckmeisterz
I'm sorry, but: hahahahahahahaha! How have you made it through half a season in this game without figuring this stuff out? Storyline players are those who have stories in the news feed. **EDIT** To be clear, storyline players are incoming rookies from the current draft class who have stories in the news feed, not random nfl players who have a good week **EDIT**. And players don't develop exclusively at the end of the season; they earn xp each week which can be spent at any time to increase specific stats/traits. Higher development equals more xp each week (IMO, the most important stat for a young player, hands down). Development stat can be viewed under the player progression screen for that particular player, near the bottom, as a point of dev costs 50k xp. If you see no development rating under the player's progression screen, it means they have superstar development, which cannot be improved further.
I think you choose @ the start of CCM if you'd like weekly, quarterly,or off-season upgrade intervals. This doesn't effect how many XP points you receive weekly, just when you can spend them.
I like to leave mine @ weekly.
Players also improve/degrade @ the end of the year too without spending any XP points. I like to spend my XP points on aging vets @ the end of the year to improve the ratings they start too degrade on.
"Jonas Val-Su-Eno-Wow-Sauce."
aka: Jonas Valanciunas
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Chicago Bulls
MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps

Last edited by D-MAC©®; 10-26-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #275
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by throckmeisterz
I'm sorry, but: hahahahahahahaha! How have you made it through half a season in this game without figuring this stuff out? Storyline players are those who have stories in the news feed. **EDIT** To be clear, storyline players are incoming rookies from the current draft class who have stories in the news feed, not random nfl players who have a good week **EDIT**. And players don't develop exclusively at the end of the season; they earn xp each week which can be spent at any time to increase specific stats/traits. Higher development equals more xp each week (IMO, the most important stat for a young player, hands down). Development stat can be viewed under the player progression screen for that particular player, near the bottom, as a point of dev costs 50k xp. If you see no development rating under the player's progression screen, it means they have superstar development, which cannot be improved further.

First of all, I joined up in my friend's league and it was already halfway through the season. No need to insult me.

I have looked in the news feed and the college players it talks about are not in the guide at all...so yeah...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #276
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodmayhem
First of all, I joined up in my friend's league and it was already halfway through the season. No need to insult me.

I have looked in the news feed and the college players it talks about are not in the guide at all...so yeah...
Well you are looking at something wrong because everyone one I look at is in the guide. The person that did the guide did an excellent job.

Give me a stryline player name and ill be glad to help you find them in the guide.

Last edited by U_GOT_ROBBED; 10-26-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #277
Rookie

The guide says that all 30 drafts are on the same page. This wasnt the case for me. I had to enable all rows to be on one page.

I found my draft class.

My only other question is this. Is a players development trait that the guide says what he has from the moment he is drafted or does XP need to be used to increase his to that level?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #278
Rookie

Quote:
The guide says that all 30 drafts are on the same page. This wasnt the case for me. I had to enable all rows to be on one page.

I found my draft class.

My only other question is this. Is a players development trait that the guide says what he has from the moment he is drafted or does XP need to be used to increase his to that level?
That's from the moment they're drafted. Note that the DEV stats for the storyline players only represent the story that these guys had, you'll need to scout those yourself for your playthrough because you may get a different story.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #279
Rookie

Is that just for the storyline players??

What about the other players listed under that draft class?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #280
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Is that just for the storyline players??

What about the other players listed under that draft class?
Just Storyline. The rest are set in stone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »