Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by penacho
CFraychineaud (and anyone else with the correct answer), is there any downside to saving scouting points until week 7? Can you save them after week 7 or does scouting go away? Thanks. I'm also waiting for draft class 4
Saving them until off-season Stage #7 is a great way to go. Not only will you have your entire pool of points (you never lose any, unless you advance to Stage #8, which is the draft), but you also will know the most recent storylines, see what Free Agents you were able to get (you can look at your Roster to see whether they signed if you weren't notified yet) and know exactly which picks your team has. Rarely I will scout in the first few weeks of the season if I know I need a certain position filled (or if I'm being impatient). So, whatever works best for you.

Last edited by rdm1800; 09-30-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbreaker999
Could you advise me on what to scout to get the 3 dev players (what stat or stats). I have saved all my scouting points, and also upgraded my coach scouting to double, so i have plenty of points. I normally look at injury stamina, speed those kinds of things depending on which position. Thanks for all your help and expertise guys!

Mindbreaker999
The method that we came up with (before making the guide) was to scout AWR first on every player of the position you want. Look at each of the B AWR guys first and scout the stats that are both important to that position and also costly to raise.

For example, if I'm scouting CB's, I will first do the AWR for all, then sort the draft board by AWR and start scouting the SPD of all the B AWR players (or C if there are no B's, etc.). I will then pop ACC on any that had an A SPD. If you end up with multiple guys with both A SPD & ACC, then I would start checking AGI and JMP possibly, or maybe MCV/ZCV if I just want to find a reason to like one CB over another. Height/Weight is also a factor occasionally, but that depends on your preference. Once you have a favorite, then pop the development and you should have a good chance of finding the quick/star players.

Ideally, you want to scout as few items as possible to locate the stars so you can pop as many developments as you can. That said, with our guide, you are free to scout other things (besides dev, since it's known already) to narrow down which star/quick players you want instead of risking it on unknowns.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:18 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCox
Great work so far, thanks a lot!

...Will the completed version have speed, awareness, etc info with it? I know it would be insane to get that much information, and some of it is variable, so I'm assuming it would be a no, but...
We've talked about eventually doing something like this, but we also had big ambitions to do that very thing in last year's guide and never got around to it. So, this year, all I can say is that it's on our "would be nice to have" list.

Our next goal after filling in all 30 draft classes will be to go back and get details on the storyline players so people know what circumstances produce the results we specify for each player. For example, we would do something like this:

Willie Burns
- Becomes DE -- Dev = 3, Proj = 1
- Becomes OLB -- Dev = 1, Proj = 5
- Gets injured -- Dev = 0, Proj = UDFA

It will take a fair amount of time and feedback to accomplish that portion of the guide, so we'll see what happens.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #60
Rookie

jrc2290's Arena

OVR: 6

Why are parks and richmond listed in the same draft class? I have the richmond draft class and dont see parks anywhere besides the mention in one story in week 3
Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #61

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I've got Draft Class #5 going on right now, Donte Calloway has a slow development trait :\
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #62
Just started!

OVR: 0

once I have a few favorite players picked out, how do i check their dev? Which stat such as speed , agile, injury, is the dev stat?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

In Draft class #30 QB Jack Kane's Dev should be at superstar (3)
Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbreaker999
once I have a few favorite players picked out, how do i check their dev? Which stat such as speed , agile, injury, is the dev stat?
Dev is the Develpement rating, you have to scout speed, agility, injury, and anything else seperately. Developement is like the potential rating from last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »