Home

I don't know if I can play this game again

This is a discussion on I don't know if I can play this game again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't know if I can play this game again

So I am in my second year as the starting QB for the Cards. We are playing at home against the Steelers and I have had a magnificent game. We are trailing 33-31 with under 2 minutes. I am able to drive my team down the field and with 30 seconds to go I am in range for a chip shot FG. Then it happens!

With 30 seconds to go and first down I am no longer on the field??? It goes to the sim screen and I assume maybe coach is just wanting to run the ball up the middle to line up for the FG or something. So I just hit sim until player is next on the field. Well I don't get that chance and the game ends with the Steelers winning 33-31. I am so confused and my team never even attempted the 25 or so yard FG. What is wrong with this game? There is absolutely no logic in the play calling! I really don't know if I can stomach this happening to me again so I might just trade my game in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: I don't know if I can play this game again

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac373
So I am in my second year as the starting QB for the Cards. We are playing at home against the Steelers and I have had a magnificent game. We are trailing 33-31 with under 2 minutes. I am able to drive my team down the field and with 30 seconds to go I am in range for a chip shot FG. Then it happens!

With 30 seconds to go and first down I am no longer on the field??? It goes to the sim screen and I assume maybe coach is just wanting to run the ball up the middle to line up for the FG or something. So I just hit sim until player is next on the field. Well I don't get that chance and the game ends with the Steelers winning 33-31. I am so confused and my team never even attempted the 25 or so yard FG. What is wrong with this game? There is absolutely no logic in the play calling! I really don't know if I can stomach this happening to me again so I might just trade my game in.
I thought if you are controlling an offensive player, that means the User has control of the offensive play calling. So why would you not know what play is called if you are picking them? Were you using GameFlow to make play calls to simulate the coach picking plays? It does all sound weird because it seems the only reason you/the QB, would be off the field in that instance would be if the FG team came out.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I thought if you are controlling an offensive player, that means the User has control of the offensive play calling. So why would you not know what play is called if you are picking them? Were you using GameFlow to make play calls to simulate the coach picking plays? It does all sound weird because it seems the only reason you/the QB, would be off the field in that instance would be if the FG team came out.
I did have control of the offensive play calling. I had been calling all the plays up until the time I was no longer on the field and the FG was never attempted. I thought that when you kick the FG or punt you get to watch it.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac373
I did have control of the offensive play calling. I had been calling all the plays up until the time I was no longer on the field and the FG was never attempted. I thought that when you kick the FG or punt you get to watch it.
I think in a User v CPU game, you have the option to watch or sim. Did it let you watch the your defense/special teams earlier in the game, were you given the choice to watch or sim?

You stated in the op that you selected "sim" so I guess that's why you didn't watch what happened. You can always go back to that game in your CCM and look at the drive summary to find out what happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »