Home

the 2013 QB differentiation thread

This is a discussion on the 2013 QB differentiation thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
the 2013 QB differentiation thread

It says it in the sig below. QB differentiation-well its just not there, if you disagree tell me what sliders youre using so I can try them out. It is one of the most frustrating things in the world when the most important position on the football field is not represented well. It takes away from (well besides everything) the draft, strategy, how about CCM?

These sliders are incredibly difficult to figure out, Ive seen others say it as well that they dont think sliders work in offline ccm, and their function changes in online ccm, but regardless of how much Ive toyed with them (ive lost alot of sleep) I cannot get the qb's to throw differently, either they all are erratic, or they all are deadly. So if you have a solution (I personally think youre delusional if you think youve found a slider set that accomplishes this) Ill be the first to tell you thankyou and I dont know what im doing.

I started a thread like this last year and have found the need to do it again. Im a fan of the vision cone and alot of things were discussed in last years thread, any new ideas of legitimate ways to make your qb's skill matter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Banned

throckmeisterz's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: the 2013 QB differentiation thread

Sure, it's still possible to break every passing record with pretty much any QB, and you can drive down the field effectively. However, speaking from my experience, I currently have two ccms which I'm playing; one is a passing team with Andrew Luck; the other is a running team with Weeden at QB. The difference between these two is huge. Luck is a monster, while Weeden is useless. Granted, they have different recievers, but I've found that the primary difference-makers skill-wise are thp, and dac. Of course, you can make any QB unrealistically overperform, but, given the same receivers and attempting as many passing yds and tds as possible, an Aaron Rodgers would get a lot more stats and better completion rate than a Tyrelle Pryor. A major way I notice the difference between two qbs is how well they hit the wr in stride; an accurate qb allows the wr to run after the catch, while, even if a bad qb might complete the pass, the wr gets tackled immediately.

While I agree there's a problem here, it's not a problem of qbs being too similar, or even a problem exclusive to qbs; the problem is that most players perform absurdly in Madden. I have made 40+ yard completions to o-tackles playing TE before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »