Home

Question about the coach options.

This is a discussion on Question about the coach options. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question about the coach options.

Does this really work? First off if you choose your gameplan and let the CPU play it out will it do it as you game planned? Or is it just for looks. It seems it would not matter quitte as much iof your doing the finger mashing. But if your in a franchise and want to let the outcome be determined by the logistics and plans you made (combined of course with the talent you have) does it really work? It's just another way to play out the franchise when I get tired of the finger mashing stuff. I would greatly appreciate an answer on this as I am now back to playing Madden and want the ins and outs of this game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2003, 09:11 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question about the coach options.

The only things I really use are Passing vs. Rushing and percentage between RB 1 and RB 2. For these it works. I simmed a Dolphins season and moved it to 65 Rush vs. 35 Pass, and Ricky Williams was getting a ton more carries than he did in the Cardinals season I'm playing (since I can't control the Dolphins). Also, with the Cards, I want Shipp and E. Smith to split carries so I have it set to 50-50 between RB 1 and RB 2. And they do.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

So it works with a sim game. In other words did you sim it by watching (the tv style look is pretty cool)? Or by just simulating the game (and season of course)?
Old 11-03-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
Rookie

I don't understand why no one can answer this question. I have waited 3 weeks and no response other than one poster (BTW thanks). I am trying different ways to enjoy the game and I am just wondering if it is possible to do what I stated.....
Old 11-04-2003, 09:38 AM   #5
Rookie

I just do the quick simulation. I don't watch the broadcast style (I wish I had the time to, though!). As I think I mentioned, I'm using the Cardinals and the more I've played, I noticed that the coach options work sometimes and don't work that well other times. I think a lot of it is determined by how the game is going. I usually get spanked, so I end up passing more, even if I have the rush slider up. Right now I'm playing with the aggressiveness slider to see if I can get more passing yards. I can get my QB to throw the number of passes I want, but his average yards per completion is low.

Lugosi, have you found out anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2003, 03:54 AM   #6
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I ALWAYS mess with the coaching options. I set them up in pre-season, and if my team struggles, or a player get hurt, I mix things up.

But, i guess i really don't know if my time spent, is worth it.

this is a great question/topic btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »