Home

I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

This is a discussion on I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #17
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
I play on Very Fast/15 min/13 sec...
Maybe this is it.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
The CPU AI is hurting the interest in my offline CCM. The computer offense struggles with heavy slider changes in its favor and house rules. I also am using the Browns. It is too easy to just sit in cover 2 man and cover 3 and stop the computer. Until this year I hadn't played much Madden since 10 but the struggle with this series for me has always been getting a balanced difficulty. That said I am enjoying my multi-user online CCMs. Right now trying to decide if I want to stick with my offline CCM for my offline gaming or pick something up like NHL 13 or NBK 2k13. If I could get a fun challenge from Madden it would never leave my console.
Bingo!

Those are all you really need to often shut the computer out with a big fat goose egg this year(on all pro).

Just do some line shifts and pre snap reads adjustments, and thats all you need!lol
Old 09-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #19
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

I play on All Madden with Gameflow... I was playing against the Raiders and Run DMC was doing everything in hi power to get yards... The thing is, I read somebody said yu can put yur sliders at zero and the CPU at 100 and they will still play poor...I don't see it at all... The only thing I noticed is that the CPU will run a lot but Eli was 70% passing and the Giants ran for 130 yards against my Cowboys...The only thing I see that needs to b fixed is Player Editing and we good to go
Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #20
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

I wish that I could be playing the game the OP is playing. I like this Madden a lot better than previous Madden games in terms of actual gameplay, especially when played in Play Now. But there is a definite difference in terms of difficulty between play now and CCM.

I think it mostly has an effect on players with very strong Madden skills. I am a good but not great Madden player, have always played on All-Madden with adjusted sliders to highlight specific areas. I like the game on slow because of animation, but I feel like this year it contributes to the game being way too easy.

I have found ways to have enjoyable and challenging games, but not to the extent of what I get in play now. I rarely sniff a loss in CCM against CPU, but in Play Now it is a fight for the win. The CPU playcalling seems extremely heavy on screens and toss plays, which universally end up in a 5 yard loss. It seems like turning off gameflow at the beginning of the game helps the CPU be less stupid, but not entirely.

The thing I have started doing that helps significantly also is that I back up the player I am controlling by about 2-3 yards from his normal position, except if I am blitzing because it seems to confuse the O-Line. I usually play as the MLB and it seems like the CPU running back attacks the holes more quickly and decisively when I back off a couple yards before the snap. Annoying that I have to, but not annoying enough that I don't use it consistently. It seems to have improved the quality of games that I'm seeing.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #21
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

I was doing some testing seems like the running game is great when I play on very fast...I tried Normal speed and DMC was not even trying...Wooow...I think yu guys have to play on very fast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #22
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll try it out, but I don't know if I'm willing to make that trade off. I don't like the way the game looks at that speed. It seems unnatural to me.

I'll give just about anything a shot at this point though.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
I read people saying the CPU run game is broken in CCM...Well they was ripping my D apart...The RBs ran with passion...So I don't see what every one is talkin' about??? I play on Very Fast/15 min/13 sec... But the CPU does run the ball too much... I wonder why different people are getting different results
Ok this is going to be long but i gotta let it out..its all 100% truth. Oh and never go by what some other person says.. play the game yourself and you decide..just dont go fishing for flaws and bugs..because you'll always find them and its a bad habit to get into..just some advice for you dudes.

Most of what you see left around here posting are mostly complainers and disgruntled gamers that are pissed off the game does not fit their needs precisely. If you remember the polls that were taken here last month it was a landslide in favor of those that were enjoying the game and a much smaller percentage that disliked the game.

Remember that complainers, whiners, people that b1tch, complain, yell, bash, troll,etc stick out like a sore thumb. The fact that most of us that like the game and are having fun with the game...the majority of these people are done in these forums until next year.

So what you are seeing are mostly "left overs" i call them...these "left overs" are those that are simply here to express their anger, hate,etc ..so while it seems like the majority dont like the game or seems like the majority are bashing the game .....truth is *just like the poll proved* ...most are enjoying the game..and it was by a HUGE margin.. Dont get me wrong..some of us here do express constructive criticism and i greatly encourage that because it helps the developers see the issues and i consider pointing out issues a GOOD THING..but there are ways to do this and there are ways NOT to do this. The way NOT to do this is to come across as a prick with a arrogant attitude that shows you are only here to bash the game and make it look worse than what it really is...this is what you see most after the game releases, unfortunately. Us that are still hanging around trying to help with patches,etc to hopefully help make the game better via patches or for next years offering are few....the rest of the good guys are done with the forums...and what you got left is mostly the complainers,etc as i am about to explain.

I think the poll results were like 75% really like the game and 15% hated the game..and the rest of the percentages in the middle somewhere.

You gotta remember to NEVER EVER take those that whine and complain seriously...when it comes to sports video games...you tend to get a lot of picky people that expect perfection. Most people that are into sports in general are very competitive people and strive for perfection..this type of attitude spreads onto other things in their lives..like expecting a video game to some how magically produce AI Logic that is spot on human-like in every way....or you get some others sports enthusiasts that are simply so hung up on looking for mistakes, fouls, imperfection,etc that their personality actually transforms into them dissecting video games and their imaginations simply just go bonkers. They spend more of their time looking for things that aren't right or that are flawed rather just enjoying the damn game.

I always find it hilarious because i been a gamer since the Atari 2600 days...i consider myself a hardcore gamer...but not just sports..in fact sports video games are "not" my favorite genre of video games..but over the years of spending time on the internet at various message boards....one thing i have noticed over the 15 years being on these gaming message boards is that sports gamers are the most picky, complaining bunch of gamers out of all of them...PERIOD.

And all this goes back to what i said...that guys into sports are very competitive people, expect perfection, have a knack in dissecting/examining sports play, spotting flaws, mistakes, fouls,etc in real sports..how ever you want to put it...and those people that happen to be into video games as well ...do exactly the same thing with their gaming...they dissect the game to death, look for flaws, broken AI Logic,etc,etc and once they find it...come running here and cry about it like big babies.

I swear... some of these people are some of the biggest bunch of cry babies of them all and the kicker of it all is that most guys into sports are not your wimpy softies...its like watching grown men cry like women some times in here.

Oh and there is another group of sports enthusiasts that happen to be into video games...the dead heads i call them. That have zero common sense ..the big old jock that is dumb as a door knob and thinks he knows it all when he knows very little and when things don't go his way or something isnt to his liking...he makes a big stink about it in here ...and half the time it makes absolutely no sense at all...its like they are just b1tching to b1tch. Sorta like how women are....

And last but not least..we got just your typical troll...those that are still disgruntled over the old 2k5 thingy...each and every year they come in packs and in waves and unleash their hatred towards madden...i been here at Operation Sports Forums since 2002.... 10 years and trust me...i know what i am talking about, not just because of how long i been here..but because of how long i been around the gaming community.

I remember when i use to be a game tester through a now defunct firm in chicago and also with WorkforceLogic (sony entertainment division) and i would be around all sorts of Q/A guys for all sorts of genre's of games and the most whinny, complaining, arrogant of the group would be those working in the sports Q/A dept...they just simply thought they knew it all, how it should be, everything was bad, AI Logic was never any good and they were never satisfied no matter what...

hahahahahahaha ok i had to let it out, i just find it hilarious how some of these people actually come here, actually register just to whine and complain than finally troll and get banned only to come back for more the next few days..it happens like clock work each and every year after madden release, i find it funny as hell though..

Last edited by Moegames; 09-28-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #24
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Ok this is going to be long but i gotta let it out..its all 100% truth
Actually I don't fit into any of your categories and I believe the AI is very broken in online CCM. I liked Madden over NFL2k5, and I have enjoyed this years iteration. However, I commish a 10 team league with my buddies every year, and we literally cannot get competitive games from the cpu. We use Charters sliders (which are wonderful all things considered) and still the guy that won our league went 19-0 in the first season, with the rest of us only losing when we played each other.

This was also a problem last year and was never fixed. How is it possible that we can't get a challenge from the computer no matter the level we play on or the adjustments made? This is the issue we have with the game. The other stuff can be overlooked, the improvements are appreciated. But if every game is uncompetitive, at what point does building a team become pointless and the league lose its fun factor?

Without a patch or tuner set to correct I fear we will all grow tired soon and end the league before it really got going. As the primary means of my friends back home who are now all over the country "getting together", this is a very frustrating reality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »