Home

I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

This is a discussion on I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0
I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

I read people saying the CPU run game is broken in CCM...Well they was ripping my D apart...The RBs ran with passion...So I don't see what every one is talkin' about??? I play on Very Fast/15 min/13 sec... But the CPU does run the ball too much... I wonder why different people are getting different results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I Dont See What People Are Talking About...CPU AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
I read people saying the CPU run game is broken in CCM...Well they was ripping my D apart...The RBs ran with passion...So I don't see what every one is talkin' about??? I play on Very Fast/15 min/13 sec... But the CPU does run the ball too much... I wonder why different people are getting different results
The most important thing is what difficulty you playin? and custom sliders or not
Old 09-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Do you play conventional playcalling?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 49

Well I am a offline gamer, here is my take so far

On default all pro, 10 min q's, 25 sec run off I won 70-9 in the CCM super bowl. I put my controller down on defense half way through the 3rd, and just played offense just to see if they would move the ball. They didn't

I averaged 55+ points per game through CCm with these settings.

If you move to all madden, its the same AI, but Madden dumbs down your players so bad it is laughable. Drop obvious balls, never break a tackle, and your defensive backs stand 5+ yards away from the offensive receivers.

I won't even get into the exploits you can do with simple hot routes and audibles. The yards that can be put up in this game is crazy
Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Well I am a offline gamer, here is my take so far

On default all pro, 10 min q's, 25 sec run off I won 70-9 in the CCM super bowl. I put my controller down on defense half way through the 3rd, and just played offense just to see if they would move the ball. They didn't

I averaged 55+ points per game through CCm with these settings.

If you move to all madden, its the same AI, but Madden dumbs down your players so bad it is laughable. Drop obvious balls, never break a tackle, and your defensive backs stand 5+ yards away from the offensive receivers.

I won't even get into the exploits you can do with simple hot routes and audibles. The yards that can be put up in this game is crazy
This is definitely not my experience on all-pro default sliders in CCM. Seeing things like this make me feel completely inept, and then I see others with similar results and all I can do is sigh and throw my hands in the air.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
This is definitely not my experience on all-pro default sliders in CCM. Seeing things like this make me feel completely inept, and then I see others with similar results and all I can do is sigh and throw my hands in the air.
I don't know man. maybe some of us just found some money type plays, abuse the coverage, hot routes, audibles,etc? I don't look for glitches,and don't try to play cheap at all, but you just find things that work I guess.

I get a ton of huge pass plays that go for 40+ yard Td's. i have messed with threshold from 0 to 100 and can get them no matter what. Hot routes, audibles, and bringing the rb out of the backfield as a extra hot route receiver is easy to create big plays against the defense.

I may have to start playing without hot routes and audibles, that would make it more of a challenge. All Madden is def cheap though. Not a option because its just cheese play.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-27-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I don't know man. maybe some of us just found some money type plays, abuse the coverage, hot routes, audibles,etc? I don't look for glitches,and don't try to play cheap at all, but you just find things that work I guess.

I get a ton of huge pass plays that go for 40+ yard Td's. i have messed with threshold from 0 to 100 and can get them no matter what. Hot routes, audibles, and bringing the rb out of the backfield as a extra hot route receiver is easy to create big plays against the defense.

I may have to start playing without hot routes and audibles, that would make it more of a challenge. All Madden is def cheap though. Not a option because its just cheese play.
I only hot Route when I see something in coverage that is obvious, no idea about money plays, I just call a normal game. I keep up on all pro but just barely. Only win if its an obvious overmatch (i.e. 49ers vs dolphins) and on pro I just kill everyone regardless. I'm having trouble having fun playing out games (and honestly this has been a problem I have always had). I prefer simulating, but right now I feel thats useless as I have to play out practices. I'm trying to play MUT, but with all the meaningful games being either user vs user or all madden, I've gotten frustrated with that.

I don't have time to become a master at manipulating the game. I have to use the knowledge I have and the very limited stick skill I have (I'm better off putting the controller down on defense) to play. All I can really say I guess, is if you don't play the game realistically maybe its not realistic to expect a realistic result from it?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Pro

Wouldn't it be logical that if the game is fixed so that you have a competitive game that I would be completely blown out every time on all-pro? I must go to pro where my players play better then they should. I dunno, I guess I'm just never going to be happy with on field play because those that are good at the game want it to produce more realistic results for them that makes mine not as realistic. I can't get the sliders to fix it. I feel that the average person on here does not understand where I am coming from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »