Home

Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work?

This is a discussion on Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work?
Yes 7 18.42%
No 7 18.42%
Undecided 3 7.89%
Ban Yourself OP For Even Suggesting This! 21 55.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
The reason why I am completely against this is that we already have a game that is FAR overpriced considering the mess you get. Also, none of this is going to fix it. You have guys that literally spend 100s of hours tweaking settings and sliders and everything under the sun and the game still plays like ****. It's not a slider or setting issue that is preventing the game from playing realistically. It's the mechanics of the game itself. Adjusting settings is NOT going to fix it, just like a physics engine didn't do anything to make it more realistic.
I feel you sir but I am suggesting a much deeper set of options then what we currently have available. Just the added ability to tune the locomotion, a global ratings editor and adjust the team management AI in M13 would likely make a huge difference. Aside from the other things like custom camera options, player equipment/face/DPP editing and a share feature.

Of course the community at large could only do so much within the confines of the programming foundation of Madden but it would be far better than what we currently have, imo. At least people on this board actually discuss things out and attempt to get an understanding of what each other is saying for the most part. With all due respect to Emm, sometimes it's like we are speaking different languages when talking with those affiliated with the creation of Madden. I am not necessarily blaming that on the devs either because it probably is in part due to the fact that there is not enough common understanding between us and them. However, if the community had access to the tools to attempt to handle many of the things we constantly request from them, for ourselves, I think that would diminish some animosity and perhaps lead to better understanding of each other.

Peace and goodwill aside, I just want to see what the community at large can do given these tools at this point because EA Tiburon has been "effing up the church's money" for long enough, imo. lol

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 09-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosFan18
That's why I will buy it because I would rather have it than not have it, Madden is a game I will buy every year and will continue to buy ever year (There are not to many games that are worth 60$ to me Madden is the only game this year I spent full price on I will also get Assassins Creed 3 day one) so I will just give EA any cash they want I want a new football game and I am willing to pay any thing for it, Of course I would rather it all be included for 60$ maybe Madden 14.
Are you for real?

You must be spending daddy's money and not your own....
Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Are you for real?

You must be spending daddy's money and not your own....
Some people simply have more disposable income than others....I don't agree with what he said, but it's his money....live and let live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

FYI, I provided the 4th/last option in the poll as comic relief but didn't expect so many of you wanna be comedians to actually choose it!

Stay classy San Diego. lol
Old 09-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25
If that ever took place..... I'm afraid of what my reaction would be.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

why should we pay for player editing??? when its been in past versions for FREE??????????

EA just needs to add all stuff they took out back in game and stop adding lame stuff into the game like XP's... the facebook linking which was a waste and if ppl wanna r/p game go play one...and they need add back in all offline stuff as well and stop catering to the online crowd. i mean wth do we have to be connected online to play offline CCM ?????? only to have game freeze up and u waste half hr or so playing a game... only to have play it all over again. EA needs stop thinking about the benjamins and think about making there fanbase happy.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

I was going to select the Ban yr @$$ option but I haven't voted yet.

I would suggest that a viable and reasonable option for DLC would be if they came out with a flagship Madden and then used DLC to update/upgrade that Madden until enough new features/technology were available to warrant a new Madden being released. Then the DLC would continue for that Madden (and discontinued for the previous version) until again, technology and or game design changes warranted a new release.

It seems what you are really asking for is, Hey, Madden, if everything isn't in the game when you release it, let us pay for it so we can get it sooner rather than waiting until next year.

That does set up a conflict of interest and slightly slippery slide ethically for a business group when they have the option of not getting something into their product the first time and then charging to have it added a few weeks/months later. I'm not saying it isn't done in other industries, just saying it's ground to be very carefully tread.

still thinking about how to vote....

plus I'm hiding out in this thread so I'm not tempted to reply to the EA philosophy/comeback ai thread anymore...

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 09-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

HA! I'm the only Undecided vote woot woot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »