Home

Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work?

This is a discussion on Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work?
Yes 7 18.42%
No 7 18.42%
Undecided 3 7.89%
Ban Yourself OP For Even Suggesting This! 21 55.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work?

Let's face it, EA Tiburon ain't doing anything unless it makes them money, so complain as we might, I doubt they open up User customization in Madden, unless we open our wallets to them. People reference a lot around here how OS and other "sim" gamers are a small percentage of Madden's consumer base, the 1% if you will, so it seems logical that our collective money could make room for us.

Here is the basic premise of my suggestion. Not all of us are actually into or would individually utilize a vast array of User customization options but collectively we could and likely would. So I propose two fee based DLCs, one to unlock advanced User Interfaces to otherwise unavailable options and the other a community share. Neither of these suggestions is at all new or innovative to sports gaming or EA Tiburon, as even NCAA Football currently offers a share locker and custom music but all that continues to allude Madden, imo due to wanting to ensure gamers buy the next edition. I am not intending to debate EA Tiburon's business practices concerning Madden in this thread, just pointing out what seem to be the realities of the situation and what ways the community at large might deal with them.

Considering that most gamers interested in a community share project such as this, would likely go for the fee based community share DLC opposed to the one for User customization, I would propose that the latter be of higher cost. For example, provided the User customization DLC included extensive options, such as full player editing including the unlimited use of GameFace, custom stadium sounds/music, global ratings editor, manual tuner set ability, unique sliders like locomotion, playbook/play editor/creator, universal GameFlow/GamePlan access, universal team management AI logic access and anything else that Users could reasonably access, then that could be at a cost of $20 or more. Then the cost of the community share could be set lower at $10, with those that actually utilize the User customization tools, taking donations from those in the community that choose to download their work, to offset their cost.

Now as a caveat to "Caesar" aka EA Tiburon, if possible, they can even put an expiration date on these DLCs so that we are forced to either renew or obtain a new DLC to coincide with the release of the next edition of Madden. Again I suggest this because I believe the reason we don't have these capabilities currently in Madden at no cost and that Madden is no longer available on PC where it would undoubtedly be modded, is due to EA Tiburon's concern of gamers not getting the newest version.

I know some will come at me sideways as if I am crazy or must be some EA Tiburon affiliate floating an idea like this but if it takes $75-$85 total, $65 for the game + $10-$20 DLC, to get a NFL game I can enjoy the whole year, so be it. I am just trying to give a general idea of what I am suggesting and I hope people reading this get the gist. It has become evident to me that for whatever reason EA Tiburon will not be making Madden into the type of NFL football game I can enjoy for an extended period of time so I would like the community at large to have the chance to.

I would like to hear what others think about this and hopefully I don't get placed on too many ignore lists for starting this thread. If you can't beat 'em, bribe 'em.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Would A Fee Based DLC For Advanced User Customization And Sharing Work?

nooooooooo Big! have one of the moderators delete this thread quick before someone from EA sees this and gets ideas.

on the real tho, EA lags behind on customization. 2k has had 2k share for years now, you share rosters, you share custom draft classes, created teams, the whole nine, and get this: ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! So there is no way I would even buy this game if i had to pay to edit my players. The skinny behind why there`s no customization is simple when you think about it. This was the designers Madden. They want you to play Madden the way THEY want you to play. They took out imported draft classes, why? so you`d have to search through THEIR created draft classes and find THEIR created gems. if you edit anything it would mess up the way THEY created things to be. its easy to see why they took it out: you`d mess up THEIR game.

the day I see paid dlc for customization is the day I lay down my joystick and retire from playing video games....
Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
nooooooooo Big! have one of the moderators delete this thread quick before someone from EA sees this and gets ideas.

on the real tho, EA lags behind on customization. 2k has had 2k share for years now, you share rosters, you share custom draft classes, created teams, the whole nine, and get this: ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! So there is no way I would even buy this game if i had to pay to edit my players. The skinny behind why there`s no customization is simple when you think about it. This was the designers Madden. They want you to play Madden the way THEY want you to play. They took out imported draft classes, why? so you`d have to search through THEIR created draft classes and find THEIR created gems. if you edit anything it would mess up the way THEY created things to be. its easy to see why they took it out: you`d mess up THEIR game.

the day I see paid dlc for customization is the day I lay down my joystick and retire from playing video games....
I feel you 100% on what's in other games but Madden is not those games. If EA can't be presented with something that justifies the cost, like having deep modding level customization for Madden, I don't see it happening, at least not under the exclusive license. Maybe I put too much onus on the NFL exclusive but I believe that expense is what is causing Madden to be handled so differently than other sports sims. The mandate for a ROI of that license seems to trump all common wisdom in regard to making a sim sports game. Until that license ends, I think User customization and community share are the only way to get a Madden that the simulation community as a whole can enjoy.

With all due respect to the devs and programmers at Tiburon working on Madden, they seem to be completely at a loss for providing the type of NFL video game I want to play and that I read described within the "sim" community. So I am trying to find a way to help them help us and I think this suggestion can do that. We want it done "right" so provide us the tools to do it ourselves, at a cost.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Ninja Gaiden 3

I've bought every Ninja Gaiden game (yes even BLACK) except 3 , why you might ask...because they took included features (weapons) and made them paid dlc.... I don't believe in paying for features that should be included in a game or that were in previous versions. I understand the principal I just can't get behind it. i want all of what you suggested and would even take it a step further with customization of IE settings, but it won't happen.

I really hate the timed part of that DLC.....shudder imagine if Mp maps for Battlefield were that way.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Banned

BroncosFan18's Arena

OVR: 3

yes I would buy this up so fast I would get blisters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Well let me ask it this way, would you rather have a fee based DLC for these options or not have them at all? Those seem to be the only choices available because I don't see EA providing them otherwise.

Like I stated, I think they are afraid with these options the community will mod Madden into something they can enjoy for many years, not just one and therefore they can't move a "roster update" the following year. If it takes paying for it to get these tools to the community to create what I feel is a good NFL football game, then I am willing.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

The reason why I am completely against this is that we already have a game that is FAR overpriced considering the mess you get. Also, none of this is going to fix it. You have guys that literally spend 100s of hours tweaking settings and sliders and everything under the sun and the game still plays like ****. It's not a slider or setting issue that is preventing the game from playing realistically. It's the mechanics of the game itself. Adjusting settings is NOT going to fix it, just like a physics engine didn't do anything to make it more realistic.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
Banned

BroncosFan18's Arena

OVR: 3

That's why I will buy it because I would rather have it than not have it, Madden is a game I will buy every year and will continue to buy ever year (There are not to many games that are worth 60$ to me Madden is the only game this year I spent full price on I will also get Assassins Creed 3 day one) so I will just give EA any cash they want I want a new football game and I am willing to pay any thing for it, Of course I would rather it all be included for 60$ maybe Madden 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »