Home

ps3 freezing after quiting game update?

This is a discussion on ps3 freezing after quiting game update? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Rookie

sharebear420's Arena

OVR: 9
ps3 freezing after quiting game update?

So will the next patch address the ps3 doing the 3 beep restart? It was fine before the latest patch... now it does it every single time. Play now, offline ccm online ccm. It's really annoying and if it's hurting the ps3 by doing that I will trade the game in. Iv tried signing out of ps network, iv tried going to different screens nothing seems to work.
NHL-FLYERS
NCAAB-DUKE/SYRACUSE
NCAAF-LSU
FIFA-DORTMUND, GER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ps3 freezing after quiting game update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
So will the next patch address the ps3 doing the 3 beep restart? It was fine before the latest patch... now it does it every single time. Play now, offline ccm online ccm. It's really annoying and if it's hurting the ps3 by doing that I will trade the game in. Iv tried signing out of ps network, iv tried going to different screens nothing seems to work.

i havent had a 3 beep in awhile since since i've did the sign out by hitting the PS button going over to account management and signing out.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharebear420
Yea, every time I shutdown my PS3 while in the game, since the patch, I get the beeps then when I boot it back up, it tells me of possible file corruptions due to improper shutdown. I've been meaning to goto their feedback site to see it's a know issue.
I've been concerned about my 60GB FAT being affected by this. I don't want to lose my baby. Technically, this is my 2nd one after first experiencing the optical lens failing on me then after getting Sony to fix that for free, I got the YOD about 8mos later and they replaced it with a brand spanking new 60 GB FAT. It's already bad enough that this one is now experiencing polygon spikes because the GPU is going but the games are still very playable...when u get used to the random spiking. Lol.

Actually, going to EA's site now to see if it's been reported but as a work around, just quit the game, first, before shutting the system down...unless this happens to you when you do this as well. I just don't shut down while in the game anymore and I'm fine.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

its still a problem
Old 09-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Glad I'm not the only one....I thought my ps3 was starting to die or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Same problem here as well. It doesn't do it 100% of the time on mine for some reason.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just so you know I was getting the same freeze with the digital download version of madden 13. Someone posted a work a round, and so far it has been working for me. When done playing, hit the ps middle button, go to account management and hit the triangle button, then hit the option to log out. Then you can quit from the menu without having it lock up and give you the two beeps. As I stated this has worked for me, I just want them to fix it soon with a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »