Home

Scouting/Offseason Tool

This is a discussion on Scouting/Offseason Tool within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon12 Scouting/Offseason Tool

I figured I would share this spreadsheet i created with the OS world. I use to it to grade my players and my scouted rookies. Of course we could all go off of the "overall" rating of each player, but I myself, like to build my team with players that meet my requirements, not just over. For instance I like agile offensive linemen and I like rookies who had good production in college, so even I may consider an agile pass blocker with a 75 rating over a not-so agile pass blocker with an 80 overall rating.

On to the point, this spreadsheet is broken down into positions, only missing the K/P position and the FB position as they are fairly scarce or easy to scout. The FB position could fit into the HB page though. What you do is enter the ratings of your players and their information if you would like (Some rating are probably missing, I went off the top of my head as this was created without using the game as a tool - I didnt have it with me at work). After you get your players ratings entered, the red bar is where you enter the "weight of importance" For instance, if you favor speedy running backs over power, you could put 25% in speed and 5% in power. You put your weight in for each category, equaling 100% and it gives you an overall rating based on that players ratings in your favored categories. I also added bonus's for player types and traits. This spreadsheet was built for myself and what I favor, so the bonus's area you will have to mess with the formula to change it up a bit, pretty easy if you understand excel at all. Anyways, give it a try, if you like it great, if not, no big deal. Let me know if you need help adjusting anything on the sheet, I'll do my best to explain.

EDIT: I may continue to add to the tool, possibly a notes section with directions on changing things like bonus's or adding all player types for each positions as well as traits.
P.S. Every good trait is +1 point, bad traits are nothing
Attached Files
File Type: zip scouting tool.zip (125.1 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by JRT2006; 09-29-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Scouting/Offseason Tool

lol, I still have my Head Coach spreadsheet from back in the day When I logged back in after 4 years, I still had requests in my PM box for it... Nice to see a fellow spreadsheet gamer! lol
Old 09-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

Love spreadsheets. I use for just nearly everything. I almost decided to go with access and build a database type application, but last time I attempted something like that i was months into the project before saying, forgettabout it.

it could use some tweaks I'm sure, but now that Im home and just started up a CCM, I may make necessary adjustments.

If you have any ideas/tips let me know!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
Love spreadsheets. I use for just nearly everything. I almost decided to go with access and build a database type application, but last time I attempted something like that i was months into the project before saying, forgettabout it.

it could use some tweaks I'm sure, but now that Im home and just started up a CCM, I may make necessary adjustments.

If you have any ideas/tips let me know!
Send me an email in pm and i'll mail it to you. the Roster tab can be used for M13 and I have a player comparison sheet on mine also. The rest is geared more for HC (I had made modifications for M13 when I was playing it, oh nevermind I still have that spreadsheet also, so I'll send both)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »