Home

After all these years...

This is a discussion on After all these years... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: After all these years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC Bearcat
You just need to change ur sliders
I literally laughed out loud!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm not sure why I'm responding to this post but since I'm usually adamant in my defense of Madden, some of my responses may surprise some of you....maybe

Quote:
E. I should not have to use sliders to hurt/improve my players/CPU abilities.

Wrong. Totally wrong. Everyone plays Madden at a different level. How the hell can EA make a game that will be challenging to everyone? Why do you feel so entitled that EA has to work around you? Get off your high horse and stop whining. How hard is it to mess around with some sliders to make the game challenging? It takes like 10 minutes max.
Okay, this one I totally agree with original op actually. As far as sliders go, it seems to me that sliders should make the game easier for the people that need it to be easier and should come out of the box (of course the different difficulties make it easier/harder also) at its most complete, hardest level and people should either practice and get better at the game or change the sliders to make it easier if they want.
Quote:
J. Can you get pancakes yet...? If you do, are they recorded...? Better yet, how is the blocking of your 90 OVR lineman with a high AWR?
I don't know why pancakes are not in the game, but I don't really see them all that much in real life. The third question, what are you even asking?
Pancake stats are rather new (since around the time of Orlando Pace) and I just checked on NFL.com and I could not find them anywhere, including individual stats on a player's card so I don't think they are an official stat. And for the record, just so everyone knows, a pancake block is defined as an offensive blocker pushing a defender onto their back with a block.

But what I really wanted to say is in regards to the NFL license. Why aren't their games without NFL properties? For those of us that play franchises, after a few years, we're using non-NFL players anyway and the game is just as fun isn't it?

Would it really take that much fun out of the game if we were playing the San Diego Destroyers vs the Dallas Cowpies? I'm just really curious as to why nobody has ever taken the initiative to make that glorious football game that blows Madden away...so why haven't they? I know none of us can answer that, but it does make me curious and do we have anyone else to blame but ourselves if we won't buy a game just because it doesn't use the names of actual team nicknames and players that play currently?

Anyway, I'll agree with what the OP says is wrong with the game, especially the blur lol, but then have to immediately disagree with the game never changing. It has, the fact that there are in theory pancake blocks which is a new addition to the NFL even though I can't find that stat anywhere on NFL.com.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #27
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjones
I have had it with the Madden franchise. I am sure that by the end of this, EA will have me banned... the last time that I made a review/comments about a Madden release, it was not good and I also tend not to post much because I will get the "change your sliders" comment. Nonetheless, here it goes.

First off, I have bought Madden since the beginning. I can tell you that EA doesn't put as much into the game and continues to sell the same versions with minor fixes and adds garbage features that usually are very poor in design:

A. NO COMPETITION
When 2k released NFL 2k5, and retailed it at launch for $20, it blew Madden's doors off. To fix this, they bought the NFL rights.
Theory: Instead of developing a decent game, buyout the rights and force everyone that wants an "NFL" game, will have to buy EA's garbage.

B. The game doesn't change - it gets worse EVERY YEAR.
EA will NEVER fix anything other than obvious bugs... maybe. Those fixed will be focal point in next year's release. A "FEATURE". All they do is add more garbage features that DO NOT WORK. How about actually fixing something..? Lucky to get 2 patches a year.

C. Madden 13 is absolute junk in my book. There is so much emphasis placed on the "physics" of the game.. I just love the realism of players falling all over the place like the drunk fans in the stands... Just another garbage feature.

D. The HD blur... wow.. just wow. This is a feature or improvement...!?!?! That barely even works right....

E. I should not have to use sliders to hurt/improve my players/CPU abilities. you would think that a "development team" could improve the AI... at least a little bit. I mean, other companies seem to do a better job with their AI models...

F. Can anyone tell me when the actually had a different playbook? I don't mean just a few formation changes. I will use the Titans for example, I find it hard to believe that Munchak has the same EXACT playbook as Jeff Fisher. At least mix them up a little better. I know that I can select a different playbook. BUT THEY ARE ALL STILL 95-97% THE SAME.

G. Robo-QB IS NOT GONE OR REDUCED.. I am tired of using, let's say, Brady or Rodgers and having the 3rd string QB be a 47 overall STUD.

H. Why is my 90 OVR MLB not able to cover the filed like the CPU's 74 OVR MLB. I love the fact that a MLB that is 5'10" at 250LBS has like a 60" vertical and can out run ANY player on the field and cover ANY receiver 100% of the time.

I. Let's not talk about the way a safety or DB seems to just leave receivers WIDE OPEN... When my receiver is actually open, the ball is over/under thrown. Again, if the CPU has an open WR, you can bet that ball is on the money. If my throw is actually in the vicinity, he will drop it - and yes my WR has a 88 CTH rating. Must mean 88% drop rate.

J. Can you get pancakes yet...? If you do, are they recorded...? Better yet, how is the blocking of your 90 OVR lineman with a high AWR?

There is just too much to add about Madden 13 or any of the other releases. It is pointless. If I say anything negative, I am the Anti-Christ. I guess that my first post will get me banned. Oh well. I know that there is someone out there that can at least half way agree.

One thing to learn from EA, the Madden model is a monopoly. Here is what you do. Make a good game, when you have competition, buy all of the rights then spend very little money in development and sell the same junk to everyone that will buy it and make them say thank you for ripping them off. If I sell you crap in a paper bag, then next year I put it in a plastic bag, smile and say thank you, and believe that it isn't crap in a bag. So, as a long time buyer of the Madden franchise..hrrmmm, monopoly.. I am disappointed to say the least.
Feel free to defend EA and Madden or tell me that I am wrong or that I should look at changing my settings... keep buying EA's garbage and whatever they tell you will be the next BIG release, improvement or patch..

I hope the NFL doesn't allow them to keep the rights. I could only assume that 2K has something MAGNIFICENT in the making. They did better in one year than EA has in 20+ years. Again, that would be Roger's decision and we all know how well his decision making is..

-cheers
Thanks for the feedback misterjones
Old 09-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
Thanks for the feedback misterjones
Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #29
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
lol, great pic
Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #30
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
lol, great pic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »