Home

Finally getting pass interference called

This is a discussion on Finally getting pass interference called within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Finally getting pass interference called

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
I just tried it out, as the Ravens versus the Raiders, All Pro difficulty with default sliders. Through the first quarter I saw:

1. I run a cover three zone. Ed Reed runs up five yards to the LOS to cover no one, letting the slot receiver slip by him for a TD. Pass hit the WR in the back of the head and he spun around and caught it.

2. I run a play with 3 WRs to the right. The Raiders come out in a formation that completely ignores one of those receivers. I pass it to him as he is wide open. He drops it.

3. Raiders run a slant pattern. My DB jumps the route and knocks the pass down... With his face. Doesn't even lift his arms, just keeps running through the play.

4. I'm in cover 2 man this time. WR runs a streak on the outside. My corner just lets him run by, and doesn't turn to cover him until he's five yards past him. Where's Ed Reed? He again runs five yards forward to the LOS to cover nobody.

This is all through one quarter.

Oh yeah. I remember now why I stopped playing this game two weeks ago.

The worst part about all this is that they disgraced Ed Reed. Ed friggin' Reed. And no, I didn't have run commit called on those plays.

Who really cares at this point if a slider adjustment will somehow result in a few DPI calls?
How was that helpful to the discussion at all?

Has anyone else tried this? I'm going to make the change as soon as the other human coach in my CCM and I are on the same week. By the way, was this in CCM or play now?

Last edited by homeycool; 09-30-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Tried this and didn't notice a difference, no DPI calls to add to my grand total of 1 so far on Madden 13.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Gave this a shot,and nope...didn't work.
I input the changes,simmed a week just to make sure the changes "stuck",played against the Redskins in my online CC,and didn't see anything.

I'm not sure what the sample size was for the op,and exactly how MANY he witnessed,but with this setting (opi-0 and dpi-100) absolutely nothing was different.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
How was that helpful to the discussion at all?
Just speaking the truth. A lot of people read these forums to find out about games, because print reviews and reviews by game sites are more or less useless. Kinda pointless to have DPI when there are so many other issues.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

One team online CC here--tried it, didn't work.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Just speaking the truth. A lot of people read these forums to find out about games, because print reviews and reviews by game sites are more or less useless. Kinda pointless to have DPI when there are so many other issues.
So if something is broken, everything else should be too? I don't understand the logic?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
So if something is broken, everything else should be too? I don't understand the logic?
What are you even talking about? I said it's kind of pointless to have DPI work, if the game has so many other things that drag it down. I never said, or even implied, that it should not work.

Besides, this thread appears to be bogus anyways. I'll just keep on waiting for that third patch, and see what type of game can be salvaged with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »