Home

Patch 3 update... not exactly?

This is a discussion on Patch 3 update... not exactly? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Patch 3 update... not exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
So the statement in bold above is very interesting to me, and I hadn't heard it before.

Does this mean you'd rather there be no new Madden until they come out with something, let's just say functions properly?

I'm wondering what the response of the Madden public would truly be...truly, if EA said next Winter that there would be no madden next in 13 because we need more time.

Things that make you go hmm...
Actually, thats exactly what they should do. Instead of releasing a crappy product that needs several patches just to make it playable for consumers, they should actually focus on the quality of the game. They havent done that and quite honestly, I dont care if you're the biggest Madden/EA or 2K fanboy, they never will as long as they have no competition.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #18
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Actually, thats exactly what they should do. Instead of releasing a crappy product that needs several patches just to make it playable for consumers, they should actually focus on the quality of the game. They havent done that and quite honestly, I dont care if you're the biggest Madden/EA or 2K fanboy, they never will as long as they have no competition.
As much as I would like that, do you imagine the rage if Madden didn't come out next year? Also Looman said they took 2 years to get CCM to the state it's at now just saying I don't think 2 years would help them if this is what we get in 2 years. Has anyone seen how crazy some of the roster moves are in CCM after 2 years?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #19
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

I saw a non-generic answer on the Madden facebook page where a person posted to "let edited players into ccm" and the team actually said that they were looking to add it in a future title update. Normally, they answer with a thanks your suggestion is being taken into consideration or passed along to development. So, hopefully they're not just bs'ng.

I have a little more hope with a response like this, especially since when people ask when the next ccm roster update is going to be they say they don't have an answer for it.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #20
Banned

What i dont understand is how NHL 13 came out a month after madden, yet there have been 3 tuner updatea to that gm already.

I cant speak for offline, connected career mode, but online H2H needs defense to be tuned up. Both man and zone coverage, specifically LB'S ans saftey's, and pursuit angles need really tuned up.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
So the statement in bold above is very interesting to me, and I hadn't heard it before.

Does this mean you'd rather there be no new Madden until they come out with something, let's just say functions properly?

I'm wondering what the response of the Madden public would truly be...truly, if EA said next Winter that there would be no madden next in 13 because we need more time.

Things that make you go hmm...
I'd rather them just have a downloadable yearly update or something (charge like $10-$20)until they actually make a great complete product. $60 is to much for a game that is basically equal to what we already had the previous year IMO.

I would have rather had Madden 12 with a $20 update that gave us ball trajectory, new season pass for current roster weekly updates, ball hawk, added more playable camera angles,and for them to clean up the blotchy grass a little. Tbh that would have been a much better game then madden 13 anyway.

Last edited by wheelman990; 10-01-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
"@EAMaddenNFL Any info on a possible 3rd patch? These highlight the issues: http://tinyurl.com/9r4qfso http://tinyurl.com/8rtde82 http://tinyurl.com/9dyel83"

"@hcut2k4 Thanks for the feedback. We don't have an update for you at the moment."

I sent this to @Josh_Looman, @Donny_Moore, and @EAMaddenNFL and this is the only response I got back. The three url's are to these threads:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=580185

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=572999

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=580036
He responded, that is a victory in itself. For all the **** this years Madden team has been given they have done a hell of a job with the game, and if they are able to add player editing and such, this will be the best Madden since Madden 2005 in my opinion.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I doubt if EA breaks corporate policy on this.

I thought we had a huge big thread on this the last few weeks and here is another one.

Madden typically doesn't announce a patch until the send it to MS/Sony and when it becomes certified, then they will announce what is fixed.

I just don't see them changing history on this.

Yes, NHL has had 3 tuner updates, but the Community Mgr has stated that tuner updates won't fix what ails Madden.

Consumers, including myself, aren't happy with this policy, but unless something changes, etc.........
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #24
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_truthman.com
Heres an idea. MAKE THE GAME RIGHT THE 1ST TIME SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO MAKE PATCHES.
Absolutely no development studio can do this. Why can't people understand this, Jesus Christ.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »