Home

Infinity Engine Progression

This is a discussion on Infinity Engine Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Infinity Engine Progression

With the I.E. most everyone should have known it would have had flaws and it does that's not what I want to discuss but instead I truly think that we have to wait until I.E. 4.0 to have what should be the ultimate physics engine in a Madden game. I think that the Madden dev team has the most difficult physics engine to program. I think and hope that they can progress with the I.E. but I don't think it will be a final product until I.E. 4.0 and here's why.

Sure over the next couple attempts they will tighten the physics engine and hopefully add it to cover the entire game. But what I would like to see is them adding weather effects with physics so in a rain game the physics would be different then in a normal sunny day game. Maybe I'm getting to ambitious but I would like to see field deterioration actually affect the physics in the game, not only the players but the ball as well. I do think this will take some time which is why I'm thinking another 3 years as a goal for them to include physics throughout the entire facet of the game and then add weather into the physics as well.

What are your thoughts on how the physics could/should be as this engine progresses?

Please don't turn this into a Madden hate thread and if a mod feels this has been discussed please point me in the right direction before you close it as I obviously didn't see it or overlooked it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Infinity Engine Progression

Remember, this is EA we are talking about. Yes, a little too ambitious I think. You do realize that these are things we have been requesting since Madden first released on the latest game console? 7 years and we finally get some half assed physics system.

They say they will improve it, and probably have some new marketing campaign based around better physics next year. The truth is, they really don't know how to emulate what other games did 5 years ago. That's fine though, because at this point my expectations for what they will accomplish aren't very high.

I just wish someone would pry the rights to the NFL away from them, so we can see some competition.

Innovation, pride, quality, service, EA is not any of those things...
Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Infinity Engine Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Remember, this is EA we are talking about. Yes, a little too ambitious I think. You do realize that these are things we have been requesting since Madden first released on the latest game console? 7 years and we finally get some half assed physics system.

They say they will improve it, and probably have some new marketing campaign based around better physics next year. The truth is, they really don't know how to emulate what other games did 5 years ago. That's fine though, because at this point my expectations for what they will accomplish aren't very high.

I just wish someone would pry the rights to the NFL away from them, so we can see some competition.

Innovation, pride, quality, service, EA is not any of those things...
Yes unfortunately yes I do know and understand this but I like dreaming about what could be lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »