Home

Please explain: Not being able to change our playbook.

This is a discussion on Please explain: Not being able to change our playbook. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Please explain: Not being able to change our playbook.

CCM is 30 years right? Name one team that uses the same playbook or philosophy or scheme for 30 years. A playbooks content changes based on players. If we cannot change our playbook, we are not really a coach. We are basically a rookie version of whoever the coach was before we took the team over.

I just would like to hear the reasoning or objective behind this. Or just tell me how you envisioned this being a logical option.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Please explain: Not being able to change our playbook.

Well, first off, teams don't have the same coach for 30 years anymore....and it was pretty rare in the past anyway.

You can select any playbook you want at the start of every game. You can change the player types you are looking for to adjust to your new playbook.

You just can't change your scheme, and you can't use custom playbooks. Custom playbooks didn't make it into CCM this year.

Having said all that, I agree we should be able to change these things with custom coaches.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

To be clear if you 'create a coach' you can set your offensive and defensive playbooks prior to beginning a CCM. And as mentioned prior to every game if you want to switch you can.

Active coaches default you to their own.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 10-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
Well, first off, teams don't have the same coach for 30 years anymore....and it was pretty rare in the past anyway.

You can select any playbook you want at the start of every game. You can change the player types you are looking for to adjust to your new playbook.

You just can't change your scheme, and you can't use custom playbooks. Custom playbooks didn't make it into CCM this year.

Having said all that, I agree we should be able to change these things with custom coaches.
But coaches change their schemes every once in a while, McCarthy switched to a 3-4 after running a 4-3 for a bit. Selecting a different playbook before games doesnt help when games are simmed. Fact is there is just not enough customization allowed to consider yourself a coach in this game.

Cant change schemes?
Cant change playbooks?
Cant decide how many players I want at each position?
Cant change a players position?
What if one year I draft a highly talented RB and want to change my coach to run the ball more? Why cant we edit the same run/pass slider that we are given when we make our coach?
What if my RB gets injured for the year and my back up is not starting caliber, I cant edit my team to call more pass plays?

There is no logic to how this mode is set up for a coach, I am really hoping they just arent 100% done with this aspect and it will be majorly upgraded (I know editing but Im talking everything else as well). This mode is still not on the same level as HC09 in terms of customization

Last edited by Azcardinal32; 10-01-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

The OP makes some valid points. I don't particularly care about the playbooks as all I do is run the ball on the offense and play man defense. But for the sake of simming CCM games it would be nice to be able to make coaching adjustments to improve the efficiency of my team. Then again it would also be nice to have offline coaching strategies that the game actually saves...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

It's not always just the head coach that helps with playbooks I'd like to see something with O and D coordinators bringing something to it as well. Maybe you like running a 4-3 but the D coord doesn't know anything outside the 3-4 and stuff like that. Your assistants should also have an effect on things of the playbook nature

Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

I think they set up the game to be played not simmed, even if your the coach. If you play the games most of these problems go away, such as run-pass ratio, and you can run any scheme you want out of any playbook.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have been playing almost every game in my solo online ccm this year. That's why I'm onlyin the start of my 2nd season. I still like to sim 2-3 games for the sake of tackles for my D players. The OP is absolutely right. I also have been thinking of making a switch to the 4-3 after this season, because my team is just not really built to run a 3-4 the way I usually like. But now when I sim those 2-4 games, it will be simming as a 3-4 D, not the 4-3 I want to change to. I don't want to create a new coach to solve this either, it shouldn't have to be that way.

Not having formation subs is so stupid! Probably the thing that annoys me the most about this game. I can't choose guys I want on special teams or anything. I hate seeing my starting LBs and CBs out there on kickoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »