Home

Players increasing skills permanently without xp?

This is a discussion on Players increasing skills permanently without xp? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Players increasing skills permanently without xp?

Anyone know how often this happens?

Atleast, I'm convinced it happens. Some of my backups have higher awareness and such. Does this happen every off season? Or does it happen throughout the season as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Players increasing skills permanently without xp?

hmmm i don't think that happens, if their overall changes i believe (not sure but pretty sure) that production, which is what you do on the field, has a factor into overall rating. my players will increase a point or two throughout the season and i don't spend any points till after the superbowl so only thing that goes up is the production rating of that player throughout the year
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajaculation

Atleast, I'm convinced it happens. Some of my backups have higher awareness and such. Does this happen every off season? Or does it happen throughout the season as well.
I have noticed this even with my starters, but it only happens to younger players and the amount of change I believe is connected to a Player's developmental rating. Luke Kuechly went from 90 overall to 91 overall without me adding xp in my game recently. Upon inspecting his new ratings I noticed that his awareness and hitpower were increased a tad- this change took place over the offseason it seems.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Rookie

It could be older players mentoring the younger ones, like in the real NFL. Also, older players tend to have higher awareness.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Hot streaks perhaps?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajaculation

It happens.

In my CCM, Bruce Irvin has gone up +1 on his OVR. He has 33 tackles and 6 sacks through 8 games, so it seems to be stat based. I can't remember spending any of my XP yet.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
It happens.

In my CCM, Bruce Irvin has gone up +1 on his OVR. He has 33 tackles and 6 sacks through 8 games, so it seems to be stat based. I can't remember spending any of my XP yet.
It is the production rating. It ties into ovr and increases it. There are no increases to other ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »