Home

Passing and throwing power

This is a discussion on Passing and throwing power within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Passing and throwing power

Typically I play with a very strong armed QB. I've played several season with a guy with 99 thp who developed to almost 99 for all accuracy, and my passing game is always strong.

I play on All-Pro with normal sliders

Last night I drafted a stud but his THP was 92 with high 80's accuracy. I don't know if it was a fluke but this rookie was the easiest QB I've ever played with. I went 34/36, I completed 26 passes in a row and the two incompletions were a drop and a bomb that I threw into coverage.

I've had high accuracy games before and I'm normally around 70% but nothing like this. I was able to throw touch passes over LB'ers like never before. It seemed like the "tragectory" deal was more prevalent with this guy then my other QB. I was making passes to spots that I couldn't with a higher rated QB.

My WR's and TE were very average, 85 was my best, the others low 80 and high 70's and this was an offline CCM.

The only thing I can think of was that having too much THP takes away the touch passes or the offline CCM has better tuning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Passing and throwing power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
The only thing I can think of was that having too much THP takes away the touch passes or the offline CCM has better tuning.
I always play with a "rocket launcher" / Pocket QB whenever possible...

Yeah, the really high THP (95+) takes away the "touch", but you can fit that thing into some tight coverage, so it's a trade off...

Sounds like the guy you were using hit the "sweet spot" of slightly above average THP / ACC...

Also, some games you get "in the zone" and then DPP makes a good outing unstoppable when it kicks in...

Good times!

Currently, I'm using Weedon with a slider setting of 5, so it's a feast / famine / chuck and duck / fest...

Not unlike, IRL...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »