Home

What Will You Do Differently Next Year?

This is a discussion on What Will You Do Differently Next Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: What Will You Do Differently Next Year?

Quote:
...the game plays different than it did in May, August, and now.
LMAO - where have we heard this before guys? Deja Vu?

Wash, rinse and repeat...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #42
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
LMAO - where have we heard this before guys? Deja Vu?

Wash, rinse and repeat...
Well its an evolving project that is never truly finished. There are always things that can be done to refine the game, unfortunately changing one thing puts other things at risk.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
Well its an evolving project that is never truly finished. There are always things that can be done to refine the game, unfortunately changing one thing puts other things at risk.
No, no Emm, this isn't anything against you. Years past going back to before Madden 10 even, we have had countless instances where guys who went to community day played the game, came back, said it was great, then the retail version came out and nothing that they played was in the game or worked the same as it did when they played it.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #44
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
No, no Emm, this isn't anything against you. Years past going back to before Madden 10 even, we have had countless instances where guys who went to community day played the game, came back, said it was great, then the retail version came out and nothing that they played was in the game or worked the same as it did when they played it.
I appreciate the clarification and to speak to your comments that's just the nature of development. The product changes exponentially with time and relies on the foundation of the product to allow for easy adjustments. Some are easier than others but I am not suprised at your statement. that is the true meaning of product development.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #45
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

Quote:
I agree with what you are implying though. I wish it wasn't that way. We could get better feedback if it wasn't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #46
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

In truth, I'll buy. I have a family and Madden is more or less my hobby. Relatively cheap, keeps me at home, yada yada yada.

I'm also a different breed of player than most here. I'm strictly an online guy. I tried the 1 man CCM....i fell asleep during my week 3 game. I need the competitive aspect and the CPU just doesn't offer that. I play in 5 online CCMs and thats 95% of my game time. I play from release to release and, if I'm being honest, I'll buy no matter what the flaws are because the online league aspect such a blast for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk

Thats all of I can think of right now but I will have to check my notes for more. We were not allowed to talk about these features yet obviously, but Dewiel reiterated not to talk promote these things when we could if we didn't believe in them. Since then for whatever reason things changed, the game plays different than it did in May, August, and now.
Couldn't make sense of Dewiel sentence. Could you explain what's different now, of what got worse?

I feel like I continue a process of hype-reading all the info-E3-demo-game-tired of game-say I won't buy into hype next year-repeat. Currently, playing APF 2K8 with Ratesports rosters. Wayy better game, because footwork, speed of game, and OL/DL interaction is a lot better. Biggest 2 things Madden needs. Without it, it will fail over and over again.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
In truth, I'll buy. I have a family and Madden is more or less my hobby. Relatively cheap, keeps me at home, yada yada yada.

I'm also a different breed of player than most here. I'm strictly an online guy. I tried the 1 man CCM....i fell asleep during my week 3 game. I need the competitive aspect and the CPU just doesn't offer that. I play in 5 online CCMs and thats 95% of my game time. I play from release to release and, if I'm being honest, I'll buy no matter what the flaws are because the online league aspect such a blast for me.
Not much different. I've never once played an "offline" franchise in any game, ever. I can't stand playing the cpu. There is nothing like playing a chess match against a human. I know there are at least a few other guys like us in this thread. However, that still gets ruined by the quality of the game. After 3 seasons in an online league, everyone is playing the exact same, regardless of personnel. Last year we had 89 overall rookie defensive ends go undrafted in season 3 because they had high finesse moves and low power moves because finess DEs are useless. Everyone just controls the MLB and covers the entire middle of the field because if he's fast he can. It becomes head to head arcade football. When I play APF 2k8, it's more of a strategy game, because I need to be aware of my athletes' abilities along with their matchups. In Madden, I can come out in my base defense because I can put Patrick Willis on a stud receiver and 7 out of 10 times he will blanket him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »