Home

Justin Blackmon development rating...

This is a discussion on Justin Blackmon development rating... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Justin Blackmon development rating...

Did anyone else notice that Justin Blackmon is a 'normal' dev rating? How is that the case for a top 10 NFL draft pick and a guy who is stepping in as the #1 WR. Are there even any other top 10 picks with 'Normal' ratings?

In fact their are other WR's in the 1st round who received the "Quick" dev rating. How is it that the guy most considered to be far and away the best WR in the draft, has worse Dev ratings that the guys behind him?

He is supposed to be a sure fire stud, but in the game, whether you are controlling him or not he takes years and years to progress.

In a CCM with the Jags he has had 1,000+ yards each of his first 3 seasons, and has only progressed from an 80 to an 82.

Seems unreasonable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Justin Blackmon development rating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
Did anyone else notice that Justin Blackmon is a 'normal' dev rating? How is that the case for a top 10 NFL draft pick and a guy who is stepping in as the #1 WR. Are there even any other top 10 picks with 'Normal' ratings?

In fact their are other WR's in the 1st round who received the "Quick" dev rating. How is it that the guy most considered to be far and away the best WR in the draft, has worse Dev ratings that the guys behind him?

He is supposed to be a sure fire stud, but in the game, whether you are controlling him or not he takes years and years to progress.

In a CCM with the Jags he has had 1,000+ yards each of his first 3 seasons, and has only progressed from an 80 to an 82.

Seems unreasonable.
I did notice this last night, but as I just got the game yesterday, I haven't had time to look through other teams' rosters. As some one who is about to start a 4 player Online CCM with the Jaguars, I hope the roster update takes care of this.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

I drafted a WR as the 9th pick and he turned out to have a slow development rating which SUCKS! He was an 81 overall though so that was okay but it takes so long to progress players with low development ratings... I tried to wait it out and gather the 50,000xp to bump the rating up but that seriously could have taken seasons. I just through it all into other important areas and got him up to around 87 so far in his 5 year.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Seems unreasonable.
Right around the time they would have been finalizing rosters it was revealed that Blackmon was extremely frustrated and really struggling to understand the Jags playbook. He was also widely picked by a lot of analysts to struggle this year. It's not a stretch to see they rated him as normal. I would also wonder how they categorized Gilmore, Irvin and Tannehill. Those four were all believed to be players that would struggle in their first years in the NFL.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Right around the time they would have been finalizing rosters it was revealed that Blackmon was extremely frustrated and really struggling to understand the Jags playbook. He was also widely picked by a lot of analysts to struggle this year. It's not a stretch to see they rated him as normal. I would also wonder how they categorized Gilmore, Irvin and Tannehill. Those four were all believed to be players that would struggle in their first years in the NFL.
Most thought he would struggle because of his QB, not because of his talent.

He played 5 quarters in his career in the NFL and he 10 catches for 136 yards and a touchdown. In no way is he a slower development than Floyd, Wright, etc. He was expect to be a stud WR right away, and was by far the best WR in the draft. He was a top 6 pick as a result of those things. It shouldnt take you 5 years to make him a solid starting caliber WR. Like I said, 3 years of 1000+ yards and he has vaulted all the way up to an 82.

Also, how would that have been reported?? He didnt even end his holdout and report to camp until August 6th. Loooooooong after rosters came out. How would they have been reporting he was struggling, when there was nothing to report on since he wasnt playing? That makes zero sense.

Last edited by Gatorfan89; 09-07-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

I might be reaching, but does anyone know if they factor in off field troubles into development? Like say they put a player in the game who is or has been in trouble off the field do you think they hit his development? Just wondering. :O
Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon3 Re: Justin Blackmon development rating...

Quote:

He played 5 quarters in his career in the NFL and he 10 catches for 136 yards and a touchdown. In no way is he a slower development than Floyd, Wright, etc. He was expect to be a stud WR right away, and was by far the best WR in the draft. He was a top 6 pick as a result of those things. It shouldnt take you 5 years to make him a solid starting caliber WR. Like I said, 3 years of 1000+ yards and he has vaulted all the way up to an 82.

Also, how would that have been reported?? He didnt even end his holdout and report to camp until August 6th. Loooooooong after rosters came out. How would they have been reporting he was struggling, when there was nothing to report on since he wasnt playing? That makes zero sense.
I could point you to countless articles criticizing his inability to get a proper release, poor route running, lack of explosive speed and his awful blocking. its clear you are a jags fan so you are jaded but I saw more than a couple sites list him as the potential biggest bust of the draft.

August 6 was long after rosters were released??? You downloaded a roster update on August 28.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 09-07-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Quote:

alls that means is that the madden guys don't think he'll be a superstar, he can be very good but not a top end elite player... why do people take so much offense to these kind of things?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »