Home

Team Needs: On the Block

This is a discussion on Team Needs: On the Block within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Team Needs: On the Block

I placed a player on the trade block and never got any offers for him. I thought it was a little weird because he is 20 years old and rated anywhere from 78-82 depending on the scheme.

When I select the player in the roster screen it says "Remove from Trade Block" suggesting that he is in fact on the trade block, but when I go to his position in the Team Needs screen (by pressing A on the position) it says "On the Block: No". Even in this screen when I select the player it still has the option "Remove from Trade Block".

Is there some kind of glitch where certain players won't go the trade block and does anyone know if there is a workaround?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Rookie

K9Sig's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Team Needs: On the Block

From what I have noticed, the trade block works best during the pre-season and the first week or two of the regular season. It then seems that the other teams will not make offers after that. I have just went into the trade section and placed the player in a trade and then went through the teams to see who shows an interest in the player. I then try to make the trade directly. It seems that trading a player for a draft pick works best, very hard to do player to player trades.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Team Needs: On the Block

That makes sense because I didn't put him on the block until week 3. We are doing a 2 person CCM and we have a house rule that you can't make trades unless the computer offers it through the trade block, that's why I ask. From now on I will make sure to have my players on the block at the beginning of the pre-season. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »