Home

Ps3 freeze driving me crazy on new consoles!

This is a discussion on Ps3 freeze driving me crazy on new consoles! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ps3 freeze driving me crazy on new consoles!

I bought a new ps3 last week and as soon as i started playing i noticed the pause with the snap. So i took it back and the one i got now is doing it to. I had borrowed a friends ps3 before i purchased one and it played perfect. All were 160gb models. Could it just be a bad batch? Should i try another one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Ps3 freeze driving me crazy on new consoles!

Most likely it's not the PS3, instead it's the code in the game. Remember the game is a port of the 360 version so there may be hiccups in the way the code interprets the PS3 hardware. It's technical mumbo jumbo but in the end it's not an issue with your PS3.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Rookie

I understand that but it played smooth on the other ps3
Old 10-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe200man
I understand that but it played smooth on the other ps3
It's a coincidence. It's a bug within the game through the multiple patches.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Most likely it's not the PS3, instead it's the code in the game. Remember the game is a port of the 360 version so there may be hiccups in the way the code interprets the PS3 hardware. It's technical mumbo jumbo but in the end it's not an issue with your PS3.
Finally won the Super Bowl and it froze when dumping Gatorade on the coach. Now I get to replay it and it kills it. Thanks EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacbillsfan
Finally won the Super Bowl and it froze when dumping Gatorade on the coach. Now I get to replay it and it kills it. Thanks EA
Damn, it's bad enough being a Bills fan finally winning the Super Bowl on Madden just to have it freeze on you lol
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

this yrs maddens one worst i've ever played on ps3 11 played best 12 had it issues with freezing, the popping drop mic sound etc... but 13 is just a hot mess of junk.... from freezing to players not wanting to respond and just standing there to getting booted offline.... to all problems with ccm. pretty sad the games been out almost 2 months and i can only do play now games because of all problems... almost left out the issue with the ps3 not shutting off right after last patch/update by ea and psn.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
this yrs maddens one worst i've ever played on ps3 11 played best 12 had it issues with freezing, the popping drop mic sound etc... but 13 is just a hot mess of junk.... from freezing to players not wanting to respond and just standing there to getting booted offline.... to all problems with ccm. pretty sad the games been out almost 2 months and i can only do play now games because of all problems... almost left out the issue with the ps3 not shutting off right after last patch/update by ea and psn.
Sounds about right for something from ea anymore. Sounds like what was happing with NCAA12 that they never fixed and just carried the problems over to NCAA and Madden 13. I don;t know why but they have seemed to have alot of issues with freezing and not just the ncaa and madden titles. I play alot of bf3 and the freezing issues on it are ungodly half the time. It seems like they either just don;t care or don;t know how to fix and ever time they patch something either something else breaks or it just makes the problme worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »