Home

long time madden player can't find any enjoyment in madden 13

This is a discussion on long time madden player can't find any enjoyment in madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: long time madden player can't find any enjoyment in madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
LOL

I'm 45, and I'm lucky because my wife is also a gamer. BUT, she can't STAND it when I give up on a game and trade it in, then pick it back up again at a later time. That's the ONLY thing in gaming she gives me crap over

I still very much enjoy gaming. Sometimes I'll go for a few days with not playing at all, but I usually play at least three or four days a week, particularly in the evenings.

For Madden 13, I have to say I've actually been enjoying it. I hope to enjoy it even more after the 16th. I guess I'm a little surprised that I don't get terribly nostalgic for the older games, though I still like to fire up 2k5 every now and again. But I played it to DEATH and feel good about moving on, and Madden is going in a good direction to me. I'm not oblivious to it's flaws, but they don't ruin the game for me either.

FWIW, I still believe HC09 was, for me, the most immersive and fun NFL gaming experience I've had. Logged RIDICULOUS hours on that game for two years...and for six months straight, EVERY day after release.
Of course, if I really wanted to get the game, my wife could do little to stop me, I tried to stop her from getting the updated galaxy tab....that didn't go well but luckily she doesn't regret that purchase yet. I'm really holding out for the patch to see what's the verdict that's all(get some trusted reviews from my madden brethren here) . Worse case scenario I'll pick it up extremely discounted like I did 12 ($10 new), and hold out hope that 14 is this gens swan song.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

Madden is definitely lacking....your not getting older, well you are but thats not why your not enjoying Madden. Case in point, Look at NBA 2K12 and 13 and look at Madden 12 and 13. HUGE difference in authenticity, realism, team and player differentiation, variety and personality....on top of pure natural looking and feeling GAMEPLAY!

Oh and Not to mention a FRANCHISE MODE that absolutely Kicks major a$$!

EA should take some notes that not every single athlete moves runs and interacts exactly the same way. In 2K, there are hundreds of variations of player movements, shooting styles, dribbling moves, etc that you can assign to players to give them personality and distinctions

Everything in Madden is basically stemmed from one set of player MoCAPs

Madden needs a serious jolt of variety to its gameplay
Old 10-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

The menu system is AWFUL in NBA 2k though. They never seem to care about that
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetus
Let me preface this by saying I have been playing Madden from the start and this is not my attempt to cry about the game even if it comes off like that. But this year I really cannot get into this game. I have been on these forums and have looked and tried many sliders but I can never enjoy the game. I play 15 minute quarters, so I spent close to 2 hours on and off through the day playing my first game in offline cc. When the game ended and I went to save it before I advanced, the game froze. So I was pretty upset that I wasted 2 hours on this game only to have that happen. And to me this game has the same problems I have claimed for years but people swear is not there and that is the AI has some kind of comeback mode where nothing you do can stop them. Earlier I had my rb fumble the ball and the DL literally picked it up and bounced off tackles like he was Bo Jackson and took it 80 yards. No way this was belivable or made me "enjoy" the game. I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way but I believe EA Sports needs to get their crap together, no way should a game be freezing if it was properly beta tested before release. If anyone knows some good 15 minute sliders that won't make me want to put my first through my tv please share them or else I am done with this game.
Ya i hear ya man for some reason I can't get into either just not having fun with it. I put in madden 12 which I liked with the madden 13 roster thing they got going on here and really enjoyed it felt way more real to me then madden 13. Ya no infinity engine but I don't really care since the one in madden 13 doesn't feel real at all maybe next madden. I just hate the bowling ball pin effect when a rb is running the ball and hits a LB and they both fall back like bowling pins you usually never see this on Sundays. And the replays are just bad way to short. I really like the zoom cam in 12 way better then that weird zoom cam in 13.So i don't think its and age thing I'm 29. I really tried to like this game but when someone says play madden13 im like mmmmmmmm nay.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-05-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #21
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
This is my thinking exactly.... BacBreaker was the perfect tech demo for EA/Tiburon. The camera makes gameplay challenging on both sides of the ball, and the passing mimics the vision cone so many loved (I hated it!) the physics while enslaved by poor animation, were tighter than Madden, and the articulation of limbs in the game were pretty natural (natural motion). Madden could have bought BB and put the engine into Madden, and it would be the best football game ever created...I have no clue whats wrong with Madden's infinity engine, but it does weird things even after it was patched. The weirdest thing I've seen in BB after only one patch was incidental tripping and occasional ball physics hiccups (morphing ball). given time I'm certain they will reel in the physics, but the downside will be more scripting...that's how Madden chooses to address issues...script events to play out so there's no rough spots. There's always rough spots in football...the key difference between real life and the game is how issues get addressed. In real life a team might reshuffle their Oline if their not gelling, in madden they remove human interaction from the oline to make it appear like the line is better. They stick you in animations that you can't break and it's irritating.
Knowing EA's track record in Madden, they want what's cheap because they can afford to do it.

But if they had competition, i'm sure they would entertain the thought of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »