Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Arrives October 16th, Edit CCM Rosters and More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Arrives October 16th, Edit CCM Rosters and More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #801
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Arrives October 16th, Edit CCM Rosters and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman
All I want is to control all 32 teams, please, let me. Is this possible to fix or not? Did I waste $60?
You cannot and it was very well known before the release. So I guess for you it was a waste of money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #802
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Arrives October 16th, Edit CCM Rosters and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman
All I want is to control all 32 teams, please, let me. Is this possible to fix or not? Did I waste $60?
Not to be a troll or anything, but it had been widely known at least a month and a half before release day that there would be no franchise as we know it, and that you would only be able to control 1 coach or 1 player, and only able to play games that your team participates in. "No offense", but if you spent $60 on a game, expecting to be able to control 32 teams in franchise, is nothing but one's own fault--as well as an early sign of definitive insanity. However, if you truly, honestly lived under a rock and didnt know, then I rescind my comment.

As far as this patch goes, Im glad Ill be able to edit, but this is pathetic how EA tried to be the good guy and save the day when the are the "villians" that arguably, unnecessarily took it out of the game in the first place...Cant help but feel that EA scripted this beforehand in a conspiracy of an attempt at post release support. Frustratingly excited for the feature, but still a bad taste in my mouth remains for this game still from back in July. Love the CBS integration though especially getting an entire real TV Crew.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #803
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Why can't goals be based on a player's position on the depth chart versus a predetermined position? Meaning, for weekly, season even legacy goals, moving players all over the depth chart, without any consistency or commitment, that is detrimental to that player. What am I not understanding?
Or based on his ratings, so if you have a good player, but he can't get the playing time he needs, he might start to suffer/get unhappy. Meanwhile, as an undeveloped player gets more and more success on the bench, he will be able to progress farther, raising ratings and needing more playing time to reach goals.

He can push for playing time, etc, a lot like how players in the real game do better in more limited roles and start to wedge their way into the scheme more and more.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #804
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I rented Madden 12 to see if I could go back. It's hard. The new passing game mechanics and commentary in M13 are a lot better. The Infinity Engine has flaws but I still think it's an upgrade.
The I.E. can be a good as it wants, but if the CPU calls crap plays, formation and fatigue subs don't work (they worked in M12) and the players STILL don't understand fundamental football adjustments/assignments - it's still not where it needs to be.

I mean - it's still the lack of WR/DB battling, pursuit going wacky, and still can zig zag/turn on a dime...the new passing and read/react defense pale, imo.

In fact, the busted zones/assignments + new passing would seem to mean defense has even less teeth on default. Along with the line "play" still being the same? I already feel Madden is too offense-centric as it is.

It might be an upgrade on technical terms, but in terms of overall football...it's still got the same issues with the fundamental aspects of the game...for me, that's just not good enough, especially since the control of 32 teams and the coaching sliders to at least modify it somewhat is now gone (I'm not happy with the default M12 playcalling either, but with coaching sliders, you can change it).
Old 10-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #805
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyy201
Why not do it like NCAA and give us an offseason stage to change player positions?
This idea would be great. Especially after the draft. Drafted players change positions quite a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #806
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
#2. I will have to get 100% clarification on this, but I believe it affects all ratings negatively the more fatigued a player is.
I know you have 1000 questions to answer but if you ever find out 100% what fatigue does it would be appreciated.

Main reason I want to know is I have an idea for subs and it really doesn't work if fatigue doesn't do what I think it does.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #807
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I know you have 1000 questions to answer but if you ever find out 100% what fatigue does it would be appreciated.

Main reason I want to know is I have an idea for subs and it really doesn't work if fatigue doesn't do what I think it does.
+1

I have my fatigue set fairly high, with my auto subs set, well, to SUB! But if fatigue just affects players negatively until they are FINALLY subbed out, I'd like to know.
If it doesn't work right, Fix It! No excuses
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #808
Rookie

OVR: 0

does this mean on an offline ccm mode you can choose more then one user teams like other maddens.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »