Home

32 team control

This is a discussion on 32 team control within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
32 team control

With the upcoming patch will i now have the option to control all 32 teams like previous titles? I just want to make sure i'm understanding it correctly.

I'm also a little blind...Has it been mentioned anywhere fixing the issue with assisted tackling?

Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 32 team control

32 Team Control will not be in the game, and the same can be said about Assisted Tackles. It's under assumption that with the Physics System, a proper Assisted Tackling stat isn't possible.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

What does this mean than?

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

You can have up to four people playing on the same team at once. Offline Team Play.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9

This is a huge deal because i like to keep things as close to real life as possible, if i want a fantasy season, i would hold a fantasy draft, hopefully they patch this soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
This is a huge deal because i like to keep things as close to real life as possible, if i want a fantasy season, i would hold a fantasy draft, hopefully they patch this soon.

Okay, since I won't be adding more garbage to the patch thread, I'll ask this here.

Why do you people want to be able to control all 32 teams in CCM? You've even stated that you want to match the NFL as closely as possible.

It is career mode, your game is based on what happens in your game, not the NFL (that's called Fantasy football, if you guys didn't know about that, try it, it's fun and based on what actually happens in the NFL each week) so what do you do when you get to year 2 of your career? Wait until the next real football season happens before you play the game again?

I understand wanting to control more than one team if you have a brother/friend/roommate and want to play separate franchises in the game. That is cool, I like that, but I don't understand you people that want to control all 32 teams?

Will one (or more) of you that control all 32 teams, please tell me why you do it? I'm serious, not bashing or anything, I just can't figure out why people are screaming so much for this in career mode since everything is new and different (think parallel universe) from the actual NFL as soon as you start your career.

Thank you in advance, those that answer.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Okay, since I won't be adding more garbage to the patch thread, I'll ask this here.

Why do you people want to be able to control all 32 teams in CCM? You've even stated that you want to match the NFL as closely as possible.

It is career mode, your game is based on what happens in your game, not the NFL (that's called Fantasy football, if you guys didn't know about that, try it, it's fun and based on what actually happens in the NFL each week) so what do you do when you get to year 2 of your career? Wait until the next real football season happens before you play the game again?

I understand wanting to control more than one team if you have a brother/friend/roommate and want to play separate franchises in the game. That is cool, I like that, but I don't understand you people that want to control all 32 teams?

Will one (or more) of you that control all 32 teams, please tell me why you do it? I'm serious, not bashing or anything, I just can't figure out why people are screaming so much for this in career mode since everything is new and different (think parallel universe) from the actual NFL as soon as you start your career.

Thank you in advance, those that answer.
I have always enjoyed using all 32 teams for multiple reasons. First and foremost, the way I play Madden is this, I play every game of the season, even keeping track of what teams wear what uni's/throwbacks etc. each week. This enables me to keep equipment, depth charts, trades, everything I need to keep my own Madden experience as close to real life as possible.
I don't play the game for multiple year franchises, I play it to keep it as close to the current NFL season as I can. Another huge reward to playing this way is that the stats you check on are real, not simmed. By week 10, knowing all the accumulated stats are actually real is awesome, I don't rely on simmed stats for anything. I experience every down of the season.
Not to mention playoff games mean so much more when the teams records aren't simmed by a cpu formula, the teams have earned the right to play in playoff games.

Hopefully this sheds some light on why at least one person out there relishes the ability to control 32 teams.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I have always enjoyed using all 32 teams for multiple reasons. First and foremost, the way I play Madden is this, I play every game of the season, even keeping track of what teams wear what uni's/throwbacks etc. each week. This enables me to keep equipment, depth charts, trades, everything I need to keep my own Madden experience as close to real life as possible.
I don't play the game for multiple year franchises, I play it to keep it as close to the current NFL season as I can. Another huge reward to playing this way is that the stats you check on are real, not simmed. By week 10, knowing all the accumulated stats are actually real is awesome, I don't rely on simmed stats for anything. I experience every down of the season.
Not to mention playoff games mean so much more when the teams records aren't simmed by a cpu formula, the teams have earned the right to play in playoff games.

Hopefully this sheds some light on why at least one person out there relishes the ability to control 32 teams.
Okay, interesting, sort of a sandbox mode for the NFL where you can experiment each week and perhaps predict the games.

But what do you mean by the stats are real and not simmed (i know play modes) but do you mean the stats match the NFL? How did you do that or do you just mean that they are real because you played the games?

Also, do you keep replaying each game of the week until the team that won irl wins in your franchise?

Thanks for the answer. Like I said, I wasn't knocking anyone, I just find it amazing how many different ways people play Madden. No wonder EA has such a hard time :\

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »