Home

How Do Solve the Problem of the "Draft Guide" in our Online CCM's?

This is a discussion on How Do Solve the Problem of the "Draft Guide" in our Online CCM's? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 How Do Solve the Problem of the "Draft Guide" in our Online CCM's?

We all have seen the "draft guide" thread, and I'm not here to bash them or make ad hominem arguments - what's done is done.

My question is this. I'm in a very organized, 32 user CCM, and it's come to our attention about this thread.

How do we counteract this? Obviously, no one is stupid enough to go draft 7 superstars, but how do we stop them from getting 2-3 and then they claim it's a "coincidence"? Any advice would be appreciated.

~josh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: How Do Solve the Problem of the "Draft Guide" in our Online CCM's?

Make it available to everyone. Quite honestly the difference between superstar and normal isn't that significant in a small time window. Unless your CCM is going 10+ years, it won't be a huge deal.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Make it available to everyone. Quite honestly the difference between superstar and normal isn't that significant in a small time window. Unless your CCM is going 10+ years, it won't be a huge deal.
Good advice, appreciate it.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Give everyone a list of the stars. At least then the worst teams can have the first crack at them. And if everybody knows there is much less chance of one team grabbing a bunch of stars. It might ruin the fun of discovering gems and all that but it will more fun than people being mad at eachother for exploiting a guide.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I thought about this when I noticed the draft guide thread. Off the top of my head I would say that you may have to simulate the draft. Have everyone go to auto pilot for the draft.

Can Users preset a draft board like in Fantasy Football leagues? If so, that would kind of diminish the effect of simulating but at least people couldn't hand pick players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
Give everyone a list of the stars. At least then the worst teams can have the first crack at them. And if everybody knows there is much less chance of one team grabbing a bunch of stars. It might ruin the fun of discovering gems and all that but it will more fun than people being mad at eachother for exploiting a guide.
That's a valid point - not a bad idea. It sucks though, but you have to take what you can get. I am in TMFL over at TSO and I just saw this draft guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I thought about this when I noticed the draft guide thread. Off the top of my head I would say that you may have to simulate the draft. Have everyone go to auto pilot for the draft.

Can Users preset a draft board like in Fantasy Football leagues? If so, that would kind of diminish the effect of simulating but at least people couldn't hand pick players.
That's a great question - may be a good option for some. I don't know that our guys would want to do that, but it would kind of like a lottery.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #7
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm in a league i don't think its been bought up yet , but for me its bout honesty
we got along in madden 12 fine even with the draft guide out we made it 6 seasons and the best draft year was the first year for everyone. I know i didn't know about the draft guide and got some good players . One guy drafted a rb that would lead or be in top five in the league for five years in rushing. Plus that guide only have high 2 and 1 there were some quality picks after round four and on that weren't on the high A and B potential.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: How Do Solve the Problem of the "Draft Guide" in our Online CCM's?

Well what else could you do as a commish? Boot guys for using a guide? How would you go about determining if they did or didn't?

The guides are out there. Make everyone aware of them to eliminate any advantage for those "in the know" vs those who don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »