Home

Possible Bug with instant replay and cpu challenging

This is a discussion on Possible Bug with instant replay and cpu challenging within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2003, 07:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Possible Bug with instant replay and cpu challenging

I think I have come across a possible bug.

While playing a franchise game on madden against the chiefs they fumbled 3 times in their own redzone. I replayed all 3 fumbles and 2 were actual fumbles.

The 3rd was clearly not a fumble but the computer didn't challenge it and it wasn't in the last 2:00 of the half or game if anyone is thinking that.

The reason I think this is a bug is that when the user wants to challenge a play they can't do it after watching the replay (which I think sucks cause 9/10 times coaches see the replay on the jumbotron in real nfl games).

I don't know if this has been posted before or if it is an actual bug I will try to do more testing. Anyone else notice this or have this happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2003, 08:34 AM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Possible Bug with instant replay and cpu challenging

Quote:

The reason I think this is a bug is that when the user wants to challenge a play they can't do it after watching the replay (which I think sucks cause 9/10 times coaches see the replay on the jumbotron in real nfl games).

This not a bug!! You couldn't challenge the call in last year version if looked at the replay first.. You right I think EA needs to fix that for next year...
Old 10-29-2003, 04:12 PM   #3
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

This is no bug. It is supposed to happen this way. While I think that it is true that coaches often seen the replays in real games, lets face it, the replay system in Madden lets you see whatever you want. You can see from any angle, any speed, basically anything you want. This isn't always the case for people in the NFL because often times it is a bad camera angle.

If they are going to do anything about it, this is what I think they should do.

1) You can select a "default replay" that will just show the play again from a set camera angle, much like what happens on the jumbotron in real NFL games. After watching that replay, then you are able to determine if you want to challenge the play.

or...

2) Your "guys upstairs" would give you a little notice whenever they feel there is a possibility that the ref made a bad call.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:20 PM   #4
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

You do get to challenge after watching a replay, just no after you do a manual replay.

Instead of always skipping the replay, let it play. I do that, and sometimes I catch the mistakes.

Alot of times, in the real NFL, you'll see coaches wait before they challenge because they are waiting for the Jumbo Tron to replay.

So basically, let the computer show an automatic replay. If they don't, then you'll just have to decide whether or not to take the gamble. Also, if they do, but you can't get a good look due to how they show it, then again, you'll have to decide if you want to take the gamble. If you do get a good look, then obviously you should take advantage if you need to.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:19 PM   #5
Rookie

You guys missed the point of my post I know last year the USER could not challenge a call after a manual instant replay what I am saying is the computer didn't challenge a call that was clearly the wrong call after I did a manual replay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2003, 02:12 PM   #6
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

yeah I thought that was the same with last year... I think it is cheap, but you can do that to make sure they don't get to challenge any calls if you want to.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's something that has not been mentioned. The CPU gets this call in their favor 4 out of 5 times; more often than not it seems. On computer catches that are crearly OUT OF BOUNDS! The receiver's catch a ball with one foot in the middle of white part of the sidelines and the seceond is over near the opposing bench(IMO). Guess what, they over turn the call and say it's a catch! C'mon MAN! I know there are calls that the refs mess up to, but this is happening far to much in the CPU's favor. I make catches on the sidelines, and stay in bounds with the one foot-two foot shuffle. Clearly I'm in bounds but the CPU challanges it and it's ruled no catch. POOP ON YOU! It clearly was a catch. I was wondering if you folks had this happen? Sometimes this game makes me wanna choke John Madden. He's lucky he's not in the room with me!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:19 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

Superstar said:
yeah I thought that was the same with last year... I think it is cheap, but you can do that to make sure they don't get to challenge any calls if you want to.

It was in last year's too? Didn't even notice it I guess cause it's kind of a weird thing to stumble on to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »