Home

CPU Progression versus Human Progression (questions, thoughts, discussion)

This is a discussion on CPU Progression versus Human Progression (questions, thoughts, discussion) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Progression versus Human Progression (questions, thoughts, discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
I have mine set to end of year and it still is all messed up for the cpu. I am the jags and I looked at other teams and main players dropped way down while duds went up even older ones. for instance ted ginn on the panthers went up to a 84 he had 47 catches and no TDS. Crabs for the niners went down to a 84 he had 70 rec and 8 TDs his best year to date. Boldin dropped after having a good year while manningham went up to a 85 after a poor season. Im not understanding why the cpu is so out of whack. Its really angering me to see guys have good years and go down that are not even that old.What is the cpu doing?
Part of the problem may be from paying attention to a players overall. Truth is the ovr formula this year is dumb cause its weighted different for every team so unless you break down a guys actual attributes its not an accurate assesment. If you look at the depth chart in game or practice you will see a totally different and accurate ovr rating. Ovr means nothing and is actually a worse indicator than normal in out of game menus.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Progression versus Human Progression (questions, thoughts, discussion)

I think EA could solve some of these issues by eliminating some ratings from being able to be progressed via the XP system (if not for users, at least for the CPU).

Toughness, INJ, and for the CPU they could remove all PHYS attributes from the XP system so that the CPU players would develop in the positional attributes only.

Another idea would be to have a setting in the franchise options where the CPU teams would get "maximum development" on the highest level - the CPU could be set to have all CPU coaches/teams have all the postional XP upgrades. Or maybe a set of levels for the CPU and based on that s

I think a combination of these two ideas would solve a lot of issues with CPU teams roster management in regards to progression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »