Home

No "running QB" option in CCM?!

This is a discussion on No "running QB" option in CCM?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
No "running QB" option in CCM?!

Why is there no running QB style for a CCM quarterback?

I wanted to be a Cam Newton/RGIII type guy, and when I pick West Coast I have 75 speed with 71 acceleration, and each one take 19 THOUSAND XP to up even one point!

Seriously? I couldn't even run the option because I was getting caught from behind immediately after taking off.

Another oversight I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: No "running QB" option in CCM?!

Definitely not an oversight. A player greatly increasing their speed upon entering the NFL is outrageously unrealistic. The current system is great.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Definitely not an oversight. A player greatly increasing their speed upon entering the NFL is outrageously unrealistic. The current system is great.
That's not what I wanted.

I wanted to start out fast with poor throwing. Think along the lines of Tyrod Taylor, Pryor, etc. That's impossible as of now, which is stupid.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Yea but you should be able to make a scrambling quarterback, at the cost of accuracy or something
Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRchamp12
Yea but you should be able to make a scrambling quarterback, at the cost of accuracy or something

Player scheme doesn't matter first of all, because it is based on his ratings, but just fyi, "Balanced" is more of the Cam RGIII type with HIGH speed and BCV AND ELU is very important. It isn't just about the speed...oh and Acceleration of course.

Just in case you didn't know, more general fyi, ACC is how quickly a player can get to top speed, and SPD is simply what that top speed is. So ACC is more important than speed everywhere except out in the open field, so make sure that QB u want to scramble has top notch acceleration.

Hope that helped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Player scheme doesn't matter first of all, because it is based on his ratings, but just fyi, "Balanced" is more of the Cam RGIII type with HIGH speed and BCV AND ELU is very important. It isn't just about the speed...oh and Acceleration of course.

Just in case you didn't know, more general fyi, ACC is how quickly a player can get to top speed, and SPD is simply what that top speed is. So ACC is more important than speed everywhere except out in the open field, so make sure that QB u want to scramble has top notch acceleration.

Hope that helped.
I don't think you're getting my point.

When you are 75 speed and 71 acceleration, elusiveness, trucking, juke, etc. are all useless. I can't even get out of the backfield without linebackers or defensive linemen bringing me down. The cost of these attributes is absurdly high to raise (19k), and rightfully so, however there NEEDS to be an option to start out as a RUNNING quarterback (think 84 speed, 87 accel, 90 throw power, 75 short acc, 70 middle acc, 65 deep acc). As of now, there is not, completely eliminating one of the most electric type of player in today's NFL.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
Banned

I agree they dropped the ball right here. Why a 'Balanced' QB is faster than the 'West Coast' QB is just very silly. West Coast QB is just completely obsolete.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoItage
I don't think you're getting my point.

When you are 75 speed and 71 acceleration, elusiveness, trucking, juke, etc. are all useless. I can't even get out of the backfield without linebackers or defensive linemen bringing me down. The cost of these attributes is absurdly high to raise (19k), and rightfully so, however there NEEDS to be an option to start out as a RUNNING quarterback (think 84 speed, 87 accel, 90 throw power, 75 short acc, 70 middle acc, 65 deep acc). As of now, there is not, completely eliminating one of the most electric type of player in today's NFL.
oh, are you talking about making a QB in CCM? Okay ,then, my bad, ignore my previous post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »