Home

Scheme Ratings vs. In-Game Ratings

This is a discussion on Scheme Ratings vs. In-Game Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Scheme Ratings vs. In-Game Ratings

I'm seeing a big issue in the differences in player ratings in my depth charts section outside the game in my online CC, and then in-game.

Example:
I'm the Ravens...DT Ma'ke Kemoeatu I have setup as an 83 OVR DT based off the best scheme possible. Then, in my actual games, Kemoeatu's rating is all the way down to 70?!?

What the heck is that about? This happens at several positions. My DE's (Jones and Macphee) are setup for optimal scheme, show up as 81+82 respectively, then in an actual game, I look at the depth chart and they're in the low 70's?

Anyone know what's going or seen this for themselves? Any word of this being patched?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Scheme Ratings vs. In-Game Ratings

I was owndering the same thing. It would seem scheme is reflected in the depth chart outside of games, player management, trade player...etc. But in game depth chart does NOT refeltc scheme. Or it has to do with consistency and confidence?
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Rookie

I don't think it has anything to do with Consistency or Confidence. Why be rated an 83 and then a 70 in the actual game? Is this guy forever not confident/inconsistent? What do these ratings mean? What do they play off of? What's more important?

How can you make ANY personnel moves if the rating you may see in a trade/free agent acquisition be so far off of their in-game ratings?

My lineups in-game would look insanely different from how I have them setup if I changed them every time I play.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Each rating like speed, stength, etc is the same in and out of games so don't think it's a problem...scheme ratings just show how well they fit your scheme, not exactly just how talented they are.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

It would seem scheme is reflected in the depth chart outside of games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Rookie

So why be different? I feel it has to mean something...if it didn't, why make the stings different,

So you're saying overall rating ONLY means how they fit in your scheme? Makes no sense. How they fit in your scheme impacts their overall rating...who knows man.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah but it's still the same player and ratings. If it says 70 ingame or 82 outside it's still the same individual ratings like speed, strength, etc. Idk why it just shows true overall ingame, maybe it's just easier that way but doesn't really seem like a problem.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Rookie

But when my starting DT who should be an 83, is all of a sudden a 70, and lower than my 4th string DT...it's just weird. Why are the ratings different for some guys, and not others?

Example: my 3rd DT is a 76 OVR both in the game, and in the CC personnel area. Kemoeatue, my starter is an 83, but then 70 in game. Can any of the EA guys chime in?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »