Home

The Future of Madden Ultimate Team

This is a discussion on The Future of Madden Ultimate Team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Future of Madden Ultimate Team

In the podcast tonight I want to share some of the answers to the following questions.
  • Is it “fair” to ask players to fork out $60 for the right to spend more real money in order to play competitively in these modes?
  • Will these modes eventually be carved out as stand-alone features, potentially reducing the cost of the “full retail box” title, especially in the next generation?
As always, thanks for participating.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: The Future of Madden Ultimate Team

I take it not many care for the mode? Answer the Q's, if you have time.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

I found that MUT was a time killer for me while waiting for the patch to drop.

I can understand the mode, its a card collecter/fantasy football fans dream.

However, i would not pay money for the mode, to buy packs and what not.

If it did indeed drop the cost of the retail game by being a stand alone feature that people can pay extra to get, then I would be all for letting people do that.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I played it for free against the computer. It was a fun time waster.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
In the podcast tonight I want to share some of the answers to the following questions.
  • Is it “fair” to ask players to fork out $60 for the right to spend more real money in order to play competitively in these modes?
  • Will these modes eventually be carved out as stand-alone features, potentially reducing the cost of the “full retail box” title, especially in the next generation?
As always, thanks for participating.
I perosnally do not play MUT as it is a supreme waste of time, but I believe that it is fair as long as the end user realizes how MUT "works". Your cards "expire" (contracts) which means you have to get more cards or contracts somehow. You can play MUT for some of this but it is a literal grind. I am assuming that EA also assumes that "Sports gamers" (ugh) have no patience for grinding and will look for a short cuts to get ahead.

I wish it was a separate downloadable mode as well, but, alas, very few people would ever download it. EA has it as a "pack-in" because it costs them nothing and they can use Madden itself as the sales tool. It is quite savvy. If you think that EA would ever reduce the cost of Madden, you are nuts. I am entirely surprised that they haven't removed "window dressing" from the game (alt. uniforms, retired players, stadiums, music, weather) and charged for those as DLC. Maybe next gen I can purchase the 1968 Buffalo Bills, Shea Stadium, the Ice Bowl, Gino Torretta, and the right to sell hogies (not grinders) in my team's stadium all for the low price of 35 bucks and a sliver of my soul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have pretty much only playes MUT since madden 13 came out. I love this mode..But to me spending money on this is the equivelent to using cheats to beat a shooter game. it defeats the hole purpose. dont get me wrong if you got money lyin around that you can afford to throw in a game then thats great but to me it takes the challenge out of it. I get a certain satisfaction when i look at my active cards and reserve cards and kno i am at the same level ppl who paid 60 bucks are at..it just takes time and patience...and i guess some luck in the auction house.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

i played a few times i bought to pro card packs.

you dont need to buy packs just play games where u get alot of points u can always find ur players for cheap in auction if ur willing to spend time searching
Old 10-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

I would rather have it be a card collecting mode than a playable card collecting mode. Allow us to earn coins while playing CCM and we can use those coins to buy packs. Then also have the online trade boards to trade for cards. I find it a waste to build a team and play them.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »